Author Topic: Ice Sled Modifications "Slick My Sled"  (Read 4279 times)

Offline 8ALUNKER

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Sled Modifications "Slick My Sled"
« on: Nov 18, 2010, 11:33 AM »
I had to break down and get a sled this year because of my ever growing amount of ice gear. I picked up the medium Otter Pro Sled 65" L x 32" W x 15" H. I would like suggestions or even better pictures of what you have done with yours to give me some ideas of what I can do to "Slick My Sled". I know there have been previous posts with homemade sleds. I welcome all homemade sled pics too as there are a lot of good ideas there. Thanks!!
Fish on!!!

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice Sled Modifications "Slick My Sled"
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2010, 05:44 PM »
here is what I did to my glide lite. Not really the same but maybe it can atleast give you some inspriation if not ideas.

also fabed up some runners from some UHMW plastic.

J-

Offline 8ALUNKER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Thanks JJC! I like the addition of the auger rack. I am considering some type of auger rack for my Eskimo Shark in the sled but I am not sure that it will be necessary. It would probably be ok to pile it into the sled, but I like the organized sleds out there that I have seen. Thanks for your response this is a good start!
Fish on!!!

Offline 8ALUNKER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:26 PM »
Anyone else with pics of their slicked out sled??
Fish on!!!

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2010, 12:24 PM »
I keep saying I was going to take pictures of mine and 3 years I still havent....I will be breaking my stuff out soon and will get them posted....mind is a jet sled that has been fitted with a top that has 2 openings, keeps the snow out, also now have a nice boat seat that is removable, and will fit my Ice Cube in a seperate cabinet.

Offline Stump Puller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2010, 02:57 PM »
Nice work jjc155
Be safe out there, and set the iron.

Offline 8ALUNKER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:39 PM »
Looking forward to seeing that Hollywood703! Like I said I am trying to put together a few ideas for my new sled, but I must confess I really enjoy seeing all the creativity too. From the basic "that makes sense, why didn't I think of that" to the outlandish, it is all very cool! I will most likely stay pretty basic with some creature comforts added but you guys know how that goes. I may end up with a Clark Grizwald Christmas style sled!! One thing is for sure, I need to get busy working on mine. The weather in Nebraska has been right around freezing and I am expecting ice in the next 2-3 weeks!!
Fish on!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.