Author Topic: It's getting closer  (Read 1041 times)

Offline croplan91

• IceShanty Rookie
It's getting closer
« on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Highs in the 20's
Low's in the 8's to 9's
Im thinking by next weekend it should be a go on anything here in the northeast part of the state.  Checked a small pond north of Wakefield bout 3.5 inches.  Gonna wait for another week to get good and thick.  Next order of business is to get some live bait lined up.  Not good area to find bait near Sioux City. 

Anyone have any ideas besides Pierce bait store for live bait? In Sioux City? Maybe Scheels has some will check again tonight.

Stay safe out there and check the ice as you go.
Good fishing to all.
"You're killing me Schmalls, killing me."

Offline Sorny

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: It's getting closer
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Checked a local lake this morning and walked out about 10 feet.  We have a good 2+ inches of good clear ice.  Should be 5-6 by next weekend if the forcast holds.  I am ordering bait from Vados on Monday morning.  Their waxies are great.  Delivered in 2 days and very lively!!
Highs in the 20's
Low's in the 8's to 9's
Im thinking by next weekend it should be a go on anything here in the northeast part of the state.  Checked a small pond north of Wakefield bout 3.5 inches.  Gonna wait for another week to get good and thick.  Next order of business is to get some live bait lined up.  Not good area to find bait near Sioux City. 

Anyone have any ideas besides Pierce bait store for live bait? In Sioux City? Maybe Scheels has some will check again tonight.

Stay safe out there and check the ice as you go.
Good fishing to all.

Offline pepsiman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Pierce dosen't have any. I am ordering online to Ja Da Bait co. Have always had great luck w/ them prices are a lot cheaper than buying local!!! :) :) :)
gettin the crapps

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:51 PM »
Finally got new Auger runnin good tonight drilled 30-40 holes down on the Mill pond .  Am going to head out in the morning.  Probly head to the Refuge for some perch action then maybe head north up by Mission SD.  Ice was near 5" here in town.  Bought waxies here and minnows available. Perch :unsure:Pike.  Get after the perch where everyone can get after them? Or go for the private pike hole?  Probly go try and get m,y share of the public perch hole first.  Roads gonna be slick in the morning.  been a mix of rain and snow so far this evening  and supposed to be down to 20 yet tonight.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.