Author Topic: Looking to buy the wife an Ice Parka.  (Read 908 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Looking to buy the wife an Ice Parka.
« on: Dec 05, 2016, 11:34 AM »
What is there besides Ice Armor or Stiker? And if your wife has the Ice armor and wears either size Small or Medium let me know how it fits and about the sizing. I looked at the Ice armor and see the Chest for small is 34-35 and medium is 36-37. I would think the medium would be good for my wife as it would give some extra room for under layers. The jacket she wears now is 34-36 and she has room for the layers.
<===Lefty===

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Looking to buy the wife an Ice Parka.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Only recommendation I can suggest is check out the mens choices  also...as the womens models usually have less insulation and the bibs are "short" to accommodate the drop down feature .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline HardWaterHunter1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Frabill ice bib and suit should deserve a look.
Fish all you can.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2016, 11:53 AM »
i have clam, artic armor and striker and read about frabill (bulky is the one word here). after owning and reading, there is only one choice and that is striker.  also, after dealing with these companies. only striker is great to deal with when you have issues.
ladies prizim is nice for women. it runs one size too small. my wife likes hers so much she wants to wear it every day every where in the winter month. she has gray and pink parka and matching bib. i would say buy her mens bibs unless she wants a cold back. it is cut short so they can squat and the straps come to the sides.

there were lots of sales like dicks and gander that has deals still going on. just buy from a place that has free returns to get sizing done w/o added costs.

Offline ratfinky

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut! Asphalt pro
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:02 PM »
Columbia waterfowl

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2016, 01:10 PM »
I am thinking I will go with this:Striker Ice Women's Climate 3-in-1 It is $269 and Gander Mountian right now has $50 off $250 or more. So I would get it for $219. 3300 How was the sizing on your wife's Parka?
<===Lefty===

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2016, 07:08 PM »
just checked. she said the bibs were small and parka runs true to size to a little on the roomy size. she likes the roomy part of it and said she recommends them.

depends on how she is built. mine is a 18 top (top heavy if you catch my drift ;)) and 16 bottom and she had to exchange the bibs to a 18 after buying the 16.
she is real short and the bibs adjusted fine for length.

best to shop where you can get the size exchanged for free on the shipping end of it like dicks sports. that's where i got ours. gander is free returns on clothes too i think. i just cross shipped and paid for them to be shipped that way for the garments and got credited once they got the returned item(s).

i think they have 100$ off of 500$, so if she wants the bibs or you need any of it, now is a great time to get them.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:00 AM »
Thanks for everyone's help. I went with the Striker Ice Climate 3 in 1 parka. Great deal for her and I got $50 off.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.