Author Topic: The new Baffin impacts!! Best pack boot on the market!  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Outdoorsmen27

• IceShanty Rookie
I recently bought the new Baffin impact boots! They are awesome I highly recommend if your a all day ice fishing kind of person and you get cold feet to buy them!!

Offline Monovasia

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The new Baffin impacts!! Best pack boot on the market!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2015, 07:35 AM »
Welcome aboard, I purchased my impacts last year, they are a great boot....I also had a pair of Kamicks, had them for 15 years...they were bulletproof as well

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2015, 08:00 AM »
Might be a great boot, wish they made some in wide!

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2015, 09:18 AM »
Baffin makes a great boot.  I am in the oilfield, and am pretty rough on my clothes simply because of the environment.  We have to wear steel toe boots on location, even in the snow.  The boots I bought are the Titans, and they are the same ones I use for ice fishing!  Incredibly warm, and completely waterproof.  They look like they are molded with no seams.  I think they are rated to -145 F or something crazy like that.  I've never been cold in them at all.  I had frostbite as a kid, so had to find something that keeps me warm without exception, otherwise my fingers and toes hurt.  I'm still looking for good gloves, but I quit looking for good snow boots when I found my Baffins.  They are a bit heavy, but it's not like I'm trying to win a marathon in them.  They are well worth a little bit of weight to me.  Try staying warm in a pair of sandals while walking through snow, and then see how much weight you're willing trade for!!  ;D ;D 
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2015, 09:59 AM »
I recently bought the new Baffin impact boots! They are awesome I highly recommend if your a all day ice fishing kind of person and you get cold feet to buy them!!

Little premature, no? Maybe use them for a season first?
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:04 AM »
I have worn Mickey mouse boots for 15 years and they are being retired,  does anyone know how these compare warmth wise?

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:29 AM »
I have worn Mickey mouse boots for 15 years and they are being retired,  does anyone know how these compare warmth wise?
I'm curious about these Impacts as well.  The local oilfield supply store carries Baffin, so I think I'll take a trip down there and check them out.  I expect them to be lighter than my Titan's, but if they are anything like the quality of my Titan's, they will be warm for sure. 

Just my opinion here, as far as apples to apples, I think the mickey mouse boots may be more on par with my Titan's??  I've had my Titan's for almost 5 years now, and love em.  The Impacts, I think, are probably meant for a different kind of application, but I very well could be wrong.  It's happened many times before! HAHA!!  Seriously though, it will take something pretty amazing for me to change to something other than my Titan's, but if it saves some weight, and still stays extremely warm, I'd be all for it.

I'll head down to Miller's later this morning, and check them out.  Hopefully they have some on hand, but if not, I'll have them order some in.  I spend enough money in there on oilfield clothes, I'd think they could order a pair in so I could look at them.

Thanks for the heads up on these boots!
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Offline Monovasia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:38 AM »
Hey Raptortrapper ...I use Steger Mitts:

http://www.mukluks.com/Steger-Arctic-Mitts/productinfo/MITTCAMO/

They are WARM....

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:47 AM »
Thanks monovasia!  PM sent shortly.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2015, 01:13 PM »
Bunny boot fan myself
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2015, 01:41 PM »
I love my Impacts. They are incredibly warm. You will not get cold feet in them. It's impossible for me anyway. I've spent all day on -15 and below ice and cold feet was never even a thought. They are really light too compared to other boots. The best piece of ice gear you can get IMO.

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2015, 02:57 PM »
I just purchased these Baffins and hope they are warmer than my Cabela's Infernos. Those boots were a disappointment for me last year. My feet would get cold when I would hole hop.

Offline tlzkaasen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2015, 05:05 AM »
Last year I purchased a set of Baffin Titans which are slightly cheaper than Impacts.  I can say I'm SUPER impressed.  However, like ANY boot, after a day on the ice the boot should be placed on a boot dryer to increase your boots longevity.
Alva Lake in Harshaw, WI (15 minutes to Rhinelander, Tomahawk and Minocqua)

Offline sandhillguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2015, 05:42 AM »
about a month ago I purchased a pair of Baffin endurances, so far they seem like a legit boot, need to put them to the test though, my only gripe is how large the top of the boot is, my bibs just barely fit over them.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2015, 05:52 AM »
Baffin's, I might have to invest in a new pair... My Baffin Expeditions are 11 years old and still keep my feet warm... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline PERSONA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2015, 06:58 AM »
I've burned through 2 pairs of Baffins and a pair of Sorrels. I was turned on to the Cabelas Trans Alaskan Pac Boots 2 yrs ago and the rest is history! Pretty nice only wearing 1 pr of wool socks and having your feet more than just warm.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Got the Baffin Apex last season. I'm sure the impact is a nice shoe but not nearly as rugged as the Apex. ;D
It must be something in the water.

Offline Homewrecker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 27, 2015, 08:34 PM »
apex just are not as water proof as the impact.
Homewrecker (Boats Name)

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2015, 07:09 AM »
Put water proofing on my Apex years ago when I got them. No wet feet ever here. Just toasty warm feet. But I have warm feet in my black mickeys too.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.