Author Topic: Artic Armor Floating Suit  (Read 7697 times)

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
Re: Artic Armor Floating Suit
« Reply #30 on: Jan 31, 2013, 09:54 PM »
 How does it float you?

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:24 AM »
Go to you tube and pull up Striker floating suit.  Hope I never have to use the  "floating" part of it .

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:42 AM »
 Okay I will look.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 04, 2013, 09:07 AM »
I just got a new Arctic Armor suit last week.  The chinsy plastic piece to adjust the strap broke as I was adjusting them to fit me.  My first suit lasted a season and a half, and the second suit didn't last more than five minutes.

It's going back today!
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 04, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Talked to Shawn @ Striker the other day and he told me that they never put ice pics in their suits.  He said Red Rock must have put them in there, sorry for the misinfo guys,

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 04, 2013, 09:39 PM »
Striker here also.  Best investment ever.   ;D

Offline dlsolt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 05, 2013, 01:15 AM »
second season of my arctic armor suit and i couldn't be any happier.. 

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2013, 09:20 AM »
I love the coat but would not purchase the bibs again . They are a pain to put on and take off . They have no fly , so you have to take of the coat off and strip down along way just to relive your self . You have to put them on and then put your boots on , same with taking them off . The zippers on the legs get packed in ice and wont work until they thaw out .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline gillis37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 05, 2013, 09:32 AM »
Thanks for the info! I have been considering biting the bullet and investing in an ice suit. From the information I have gathered on the interweb I am strongly considering the Striker ice climate 3-in-1 jacket and bib. Does anyone have any reviews on how the striker suit holds up and performs?

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 05, 2013, 09:36 AM »
Thanks for the report.  No fly no buy.

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 05, 2013, 09:43 AM »
My Arctic Armor Plus (the green one) has a fly....I'll admit it doesn't go down enough for my liking but I don't need to take my coat off to take a leak.

Offline shawdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 05, 2013, 10:03 AM »
Love my striker suit.  Its a couple years old and one of my favorite things about ice fishing.  Really warm and blocks 100% of the wind.  Bought the striker because I saw many more negative reviews on the AA suit when i was doing my research.  Nice to know i'll float if i take a swim.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 06, 2013, 04:26 AM »
I have a striker suit on the way, my AA suit lasted 3 seasons, blew out the crotch late last season, it was a ok suit, warm, light, and ugly, I have the yellow and green on
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #43 on: Jan 22, 2016, 08:17 PM »
i just got the black and gold artic armor suit, thought i measured correctly should have listened to mama pesce t was a lil small mama pesce contacted the company and they immediately exchanged the jacket for a bigger size,i wore bibs today they were warm,light weight and comfortable,it was previuosly noted they dont breath my bibs had flaps to access your pants pockets which allowed bibs to breath
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 25, 2016, 11:49 PM »
Another AA story, I got a new sled and took it out for a few miles of breaking it in this past weekend. The Arctic Armor suit was so warm that I had to stop and remove a base layer so all I was wearing under the suit was a tshirt and pair of long johns. In -10 I was comfortable being out all day riding, and then added a sweater layer and we sat on the ice much of the night at the fishing shack. I dozed off in a lawnchair after a long day of riding, and several people mentioned that they did not know how I was able to sleep in a chair out in the open as they were freezing and in and out of the shack to warm up all the time. The AA suits are very warm, very windproof, and very comfortable.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.