Author Topic: jiging kast masters  (Read 3038 times)

pa ice man

jiging kast masters
« on: Jan 24, 2004, 09:26 PM »
do you use a droper wen jiging  ???

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:jiging kast masters
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2004, 06:59 AM »
This rig is very popular for perch. Many tie about 2" dropper from spoon to small jig. I use hali droppers and they work great.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

pa ice man

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2004, 03:50 PM »
thanks using kastmasters 4 years just tryed a droper wow 2 fish at a time when the bite is on

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2004, 12:05 PM »
When I fish the kastmaster I almost exclusively fish it with a dropper. I always have the problem with the treble hook getting hung up on my line at the top of the lure.Fishing a dropper I dont have that problem.I mostly prefer a Pimple.
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

pryorok

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2004, 03:30 PM »
Please help me out a little on this droper.  I'm assuming your tying mono on the treble or single hook and then a trout fly or something similar on to the mono.  If so, how far from the kastmaster or pimple are you tying the fly? 6", 12". Am I correct in assuming if the leader from the kastmaster to the fly is too long you would probably have more of a tangle issue?  Thanks for you reponse.

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2004, 12:35 AM »
You are right about attaching mono. Attach a dropper at any distance from 1-12inches. The longer you make the dropper though the better the chances of tangling unless your dropper weighs more than the kastmaster, then it works, but mostly tie your fly a inch or two from the bottom. Be sure it is weighted.
Please help me out a little on this droper.  I'm assuming your tying mono on the treble or single hook and then a trout fly or something similar on to the mono.  If so, how far from the kastmaster or pimple are you tying the fly? 6", 12". Am I correct in assuming if the leader from the kastmaster to the fly is too long you would probably have more of a tangle issue?  Thanks for you reponse.
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

pryorok

« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2004, 10:07 AM »
Thanks wvboy,
I will give it a try this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.