Author Topic: Daredevils  (Read 4031 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Daredevils
« on: Dec 21, 2003, 07:35 PM »
does anyone jig these thru the ice? if so, what do u catch?
Dave
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
Re:Daredevils
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2003, 08:01 PM »
I'm sure you could catch most anything, depending on the size of the spoon. You should use a single hook or tip the treble with a minnow. A bare treble will tend to get hung up on your line a lot.

mooseslayer

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2004, 12:48 AM »
IVE CAUGHT LAKERS, PICKREL,BROOKIES,SALMON+BASS ON THEM.RED+WHITE WITH COPPER BACK WORKS BEST. DONE WELL WITH HAMMERED SILVER+GOLD ALSO.

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2004, 07:20 PM »
I just rigged up a tiny one to try on smelt...Also have a larger one that I am going to try for Browns/Lakers.  I am hoping to do well, these are probably the most expensive lures in my tackle box...almost $4.00 a piece for the big one...

Mike

PS they MUST be better, the generic ones are 1/3 the price!
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline alaskanman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing rules!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2004, 07:34 PM »
The daredevils are great high quality hooks, just cost a bit more but are worth it I think.  They will last longer without rusting or losing their paint as quick as the less expensive hooks.

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2004, 08:32 PM »
has anyone ever jigged daredevils thru the ice? if so, did u catch anything and what??
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

JohnP

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2004, 07:53 AM »
Yes they work, I use the good old red/white, tip it with a meal worm and have jigged up trout, perch and pickeral. The silver/blue cleo's work well also. :)
JohnP

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2004, 02:08 PM »
johnp, what size daredevils do you use for trout?
Dave

Offline alaskanman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing rules!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2004, 02:09 PM »
Dolly Varden and Char, Pike, rainbows.  In the summer you can get king, silver and pink salmon with the various colors.  Red and White seem to be the most popular.

JohnP

« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2004, 09:21 PM »
Dave,
I use the ones that are about 1" probably 1/16 ounce and tip it with a meal worm. Red/white always a favorite however I have used the yellow/diamond ones too.
JohnP

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2004, 06:43 AM »
ill hafta get a couple like that. thanx for everyone that responded

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.