Author Topic: Piscifun  (Read 1431 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Piscifun
« on: Sep 28, 2022, 07:29 PM »
Anyone here have any experience with the Pacifun brand? Pros / Cons?

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pacifun
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2022, 09:43 AM »
Do you mean Piscifun?

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2022, 12:33 PM »
I have one of the ICX spinning reels. It's OK, the drag isn't very smooth, but for the price I paid I'm not disappointed.

I'd say they are on par with any of the other "small name" brands on Amazon, just with a little better marketing.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2022, 03:07 PM »
I won a few custom rods in a drawing a couple years back that came with a couple of Piscifun Carbon X 1000 reels and an Okuma baitfeeder reel. I liked the Carbon X's so much, I bought 2 more.

Carbon X 1000
Pros: Smooth drag, about as light as a 500 size reel from other brands, maybe even lighter.
Cons: No anti-reverse switch.
I really only turn switch off when packing up anyway, so not that big of a deal for me, just takes a little getting used to it not being there.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2022, 04:07 PM »
The carbons are nice and light, can be a little stiff when stupid cold out. Competes well with other reels in that price range. Another silly positive is they're black so they  look good on pretty much any color scheme rod

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2022, 04:36 PM »
Do you mean Piscifun?
yeah, that too. LOL. My bad.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Piscifun
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2022, 08:17 AM »
I have used both the ICX and CarbonX 500 size reels.  For the price they are a good reel.  I haven't had any issues with them freezing up when outside.  Years ago there was a thread where guys were debating the need to change out the drag setup here on the Shanty. 

I like them and would consider purchasing them again if needed.  They usually run some specials, and you can get them via Amazon if you need it in a rush. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline struckus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2022, 09:54 AM »
ICX I have like 5 of them..work well but on a couple the drag isn't very smooth..the other 3 it's really nice..viper X 500 is much better for a few bucks more..I also run several viper X 2-3000s in the summer and it's my favourite reel by far in the price range..works well in 500 size also..haven't tried the carbon X yet

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2022, 10:30 AM »
I have 4 and for the money are just ok. As stated the drags are not the best. I have been best served spending a little more $$

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.