Author Topic: Frabil ice shuttle upgrades  (Read 1056 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Frabil ice shuttle upgrades
« on: Sep 13, 2022, 07:00 AM »
for those of you who are using the Ice Shuttle, what mods have you done to the sled and also, how are you transporting your auger? I'm using a Mora with a Ridgid drill

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Frabil ice shuttle upgrades
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2022, 07:50 AM »
I added cut down skis to the bottom and a cup holder.probably not needed but i also put small eyebolts on each side of the bucket holder and put a small bungee across it.no way my bucket will jiggle out.the down fall of the frabill ice shuttle is the bottom.the back corners wear out fast.either put hyfax on of skis.i only use my for first ice and my handle and mora fit right in it.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2022, 08:19 AM »
I will also add that i put 2 rods in the back holes where the windbreak poles go.i saw no need to make a rod rack on mine.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2022, 03:47 PM »
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=155004.0
I like that removeable rod holder so the windbreak can still be used. the bungee for the bucket is a great idea. But what about the auger? I would prefer to not having to dismantle the auger. any mods for the auger on the outside of the shutte?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2022, 04:15 PM »
I like that removeable rod holder so the windbreak can still be used. the bungee for the bucket is a great idea. But what about the auger?

Was thinking along the lines of add some more PVC to cradle the auger .

Some SM Guidelite mods that may inspire you

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=strikemaster%20glide%20lite%20sled%20modifcations&qs=n&form=QBIRMH&sp=-1&pq=strikemaster%20glide%20lite%20sled%20modifcations&sc=0-41&cvid=63D8038829BF4494806399FCDE046FF2&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&first=1&tsc=ImageHoverTitle
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2022, 06:31 AM »
I don't own one but looking at a pic, would it be possible to put 2 eye bolts on each end below the folding covers & bungee the auger to em' ? If the space behind the ends is hollow I'd use a 2"×2" backer w/ some epoxy & screw em' in.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2022, 09:13 PM »
Was thinking along the lines of add some more PVC to cradle the auger .

Some SM Guidelite mods that may inspire you

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=strikemaster%20glide%20lite%20sled%20modifcations&qs=n&form=QBIRMH&sp=-1&pq=strikemaster%20glide%20lite%20sled%20modifcations&sc=0-41&cvid=63D8038829BF4494806399FCDE046FF2&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&first=1&tsc=ImageHoverTitle
got some ideas. maybe add a PVC piece vertically on the front to cradle the auger and bungee the drill to the seat or reverse

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.