The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Slushy Day on Fish Pond  (Read 543 times)

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Slushy Day on Fish Pond
« on: Feb 25, 2018, 03:42 PM »
I fished Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) in North Adams from 1:30 to 4 PM this afternoon.

It was overcast and lightly misting most of the time, with temps in the upper 30's.

There was about 3 inches of slush over about 8 inches of soft ice on the Pond.

I only had nightcrawlers and mealy worms, and used them to set up two tip ups and two dead sticks near the shore not far from the Pavilion.

There was a father with his two sons already there when I arrived, who were set up in the same general vicinity with a mix of jigs and tip ups.

And a little after I got there another gent named Jim arrived, who went jigging further down the shore by the beach.

Over all, the action was slow.

The guy with his sons got one flag and landed a small pickerel.

I had a flag that barely moved the button on my line (with nothing on the end but my bait when I checked it) , although I was fortunate enough to catch a rather sluggish 13" rainbow on a deadstick.

On the other end of the lake, Jim did comparatively well.  He landed three panfish and a 13" rainbow on his jig, and also reported seeing a monster of a rainbow swim by his hole without showing any interest in his lure (a swedish pimple baited with a mealy worm).

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
Re: Slushy Day on Fish Pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Nice job getting out.

Offline Cnorkun

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Slushy Day on Fish Pond
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:19 PM »
Almost yak season

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum