The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Anyone been out on the ice yet?  (Read 2558 times)

Offline GrimesinMA

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Southern Born; Fishing on Ice??
Anyone been out on the ice yet?
« on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:45 AM »
I live on Long Sought For Pond in Westford.  I couldn't believe it when I sighted someone out on the ice Sunday.  I didn't test to see how thick it was but it was just last week when the lake first started freezing.

Offline G.Horne

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone been out on the ice yet?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2005, 08:14 AM »
I live on Lake Sabbatia in Taunton and there was about 2" in front of my dock Sunday. I drove around the lake and checked Watsons Pond and Winnecunnett, nobody out :-\ It will be at least another week around here. 8)

Offline flagless5

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Any fish down there I havent got a flag all Day
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2005, 08:38 AM »
I live in pawtucket RI and went on a pond in North smith felid and they had 3 1/2 inches it will be all set for them up there. by this weeknd. I fish in mostly MASS!! My buddy checked out winnicunnett and he said ther was 4 inches ou there near the restaurant so i will be fishing there on wensday if any one one wants head out i will be there around 1:00pm!! hope fully by the weeknd watssons will be safe its ify there becuse of a slite curent in the middle.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:10 AM »
G. Horne keep me posted on Sabbatia and Watsons live over in Raynham and dying to fish the hardwater :tipup:

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline flagless5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2005, 11:23 AM »
you should come out on winniecunnett this week this pond is good erly in the year!!

Offline troutfinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2005, 11:51 AM »
I went out on the ice (farm pond Framingham) almost 2 inches not fishing yet but it wont be long

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2005, 01:21 PM »
I got out on Quannapowitt in wakefield to  test the ice and there was a couple inches of white ice and a couple of black ice underneath. I may try it this weekend. Has anybody ever fished it and is it very productive?

Offline G.Horne

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2005, 03:04 PM »
I checked Winnecunnett and Sabbatia today12/12, not good :'( the ice was only about 2" and very mushy. I poked through with the chizel in one or two hits. Still a week or more away :-\

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Made it out on a little pond on Saturday, 4-5" of ice and it was great being out on hardwater. Only problem was no fish.

Offline piker8

• IceShanty Rookie
  • tip-up!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2005, 06:17 PM »
havent been out yet but ponds in north central ma are starting to look good, the snow seems to have blown off for the most part
" F' it dude.  Let's go bowling!"

Offline flagless5

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone been out on the ice yet?going wensday to winnicunnett
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2005, 01:31 PM »
i will be heading out on wensday around 1:00pm on winnicunnett it should be safe after tonights of a low 6 dagress so anyone heading out i;ll be there

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2005, 03:09 PM »
I stopped at the Nip and Winnicunnet today.  The nip had about 2.5 inches of mostly crummy ice.   Winni had about 3 inches 50 feet off the road.  Most of that was really white as well.      If you are going tomorrow, I would expect another 1/2 inch of good ice under what is there now.  When the ice has that much air it does not build up all that quick.

skippy

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2005, 03:41 PM »
I am heading out tmra on a small pond on the NorthShore. I just got back with the bait and I will be straightining up my traps tonight. I cant wait!!! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.