The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: all i want for x-mas  (Read 3198 times)

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
all i want for x-mas
« on: Dec 03, 2005, 06:28 PM »
this is the auger i want for X-mas ;D ;D ;D
http://icefishing../play_qt.asp?clip=68 :o

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: all i want for x-mas
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:00 AM »
My new 8" Strikemaster was just delivered. Gonna give it to my wife for xmas.

Offline ice nut OFJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:24 AM »
My dad and i are investing in a Jiffy, after countless years of a hand-auger  :%$#!:

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:31 AM »
You'll be happy with the Strikemaster. Have had mine for 3 seasons now. I do however like the new Jiffy's as well. If this one craps the bed, I may go with the Jiffy next or Nils. I like the new warranty for the Jiffy's, even though I have been very happy with my Strikemaster. I'll never be without a gas auger again.....tough to go back to hand augers and chippers.

Good Video!!!!! I might have have a contest with BJ this year......my 2 hp against his 3 hp Jiffy.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:33 AM »
i got a old eskmo it runs real good and have a hand auger but i would love to have an auger that fast :o

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:49 AM »
Glad to hear that Mugz about the Strikemaster; these things aint cheap!  The way I look at it is if you're putting all the effort to getting up early, getting bait; dressing warm, etc; for pete's sake; have some good stuff to use when you get out there.  Just like off shore fishing; dont bring squirrel guns to kill an elephant.

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:56 AM »
If you ice fish every weekend....you definitely need one. You'll find that they are worth every penny. I used to always rely on my buddies augers.......not anymore.
Maybe we'll see you out there this year???
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2005, 10:07 AM »
I think we'll run into you guys this year, especially first ice as it usually ices up first at your Westboro spot and my Ashland spot  before its safe down here on the south shore.  I'll probably hit Ashland as soon as its safe and brush up on my bass fishing.

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2005, 04:57 PM »
That thing is quick! My jiffy does a great job at gettin through but it isnt close to that.

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2005, 06:06 PM »
 The next thing you will never go without is a nice portable shanty. Even on those real cold days and your feet are freezing and you need to put them in front of the heater. :o

Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2005, 06:29 PM »
I just got a Frabill XLTwin last week. I loved it in the store but I hate puttin things like that together.

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2005, 01:20 PM »
Has any one tried the Eskimo Quikflip III?  It seems to be good size, and looks easy to set up.  Just wondering if anyone has any comments about it?

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2005, 01:37 PM »
Has any one tried the Eskimo Quikflip III?  It seems to be good size, and looks easy to set up.  Just wondering if anyone has any comments about it?

Have you been to KTP yet? They have a lot of shanties on the store floor. Im not sure if they have the Quickflip III but it is worth the trip.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Mark and I both have the Shappell 3000 and it sets up and takes down in a minute.

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2005, 03:55 PM »
I personally like the flip style shanties. The built in seats are nice as weel as the sled. I was gonna order another seat of my new shanty but Frabill said they will not have any until the SPRING!

Offline mikeyc0203

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ayooooooo
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2005, 04:45 PM »
yea big big i cant wait to get that shanty out on the ice...  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.