Author Topic: C maps  (Read 627 times)

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
C maps
« on: Nov 08, 2018, 11:14 AM »
I was wondering if there is any of you guys that have used the Cmap to down load your favorite lakes and their depths. Is it worth the $100 to join. Do you down load it and keep it for the public or do you keep it private? Thanks Tight Lines

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: C maps
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2018, 11:20 AM »
I've been using Cmaps for a couple years. I used the 100$ last year and you get a lot more information back. That being said I've used the free version this year and upload the data and wait for it to become public. Works great on the lakes I fish (WY) which no one covers because of the expense to create. There's a long conversation on the WY page of the pros and cons.

Ice Fishing Wyoming / Re: Navionics vs custom social maps
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Re: C maps
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2018, 08:19 PM »
I've been using Cmaps for a couple years. I used the 100$ last year and you get a lot more information back. That being said I've used the free version this year and upload the data and wait for it to become public. Works great on the lakes I fish (WY) which no one covers because of the expense to create. There's a long conversation on the WY page of the pros and cons.

So are you the one that has done the mapping on key hole? How long does it take for you to download for them to put it on? Is there anywhere else that you have mapped? I am just curious to see and learn how it works. In your opinion is it a lot better than Navionics? Thanks in advance! Tight Lines H&H

Ice Fishing Wyoming / Re: Navionics vs custom social maps

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.