Author Topic: Inkjet paper for printing your license?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Inkjet paper for printing your license?
« on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:00 AM »
Any recommendations for waterproof paper to print your license on, I am using an inkjet printer?  In New Hampshire you print out your licenses and tags.  I tagged a deer in a monsoon last weekend and the tag was a wad of pulp by the time I safety-pinned it inside the ear.  You could not write on it at all.  The tip of the pen would go right through the paper.  I want some better paper for next years license and I have yet to find any that people are recommending for hunting and fishing licenses.

Offline GRIZZ08

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Inkjet paper for printing your license?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:06 AM »
just put it in a ziplock bag or get it laminated
some days I can drink a lot of beer and other days only a case

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:14 AM »
Look at the site " WaterproofPaper.com"   don t use it myself so don't know if it's any good

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:16 AM »
Just use photo paper and like mentioned use a zip lock.
<===Lefty===

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Rite-in-the-rain paper is ok, but can not be printed on inkjets. Laminating has worked the best for me, if more than one license will fit on an 8.5x11 paper, print them then take them to someone who has a laminator. One sheet of laminating plastic can then produce as many copies as can fit on the original page. Use a waterproof marker to write on the laminated license.

Offline Chili

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Teslin synthetic paper is expensive but works well with ink jet. (sell 5 sheet packs on ebay). Probably the same product as the puffin paper sold on link above.

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2018, 08:22 AM »
Do a "redneck" laminating and just cover it with clear packing tape.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Obviously this won't work for tags that you need to affix, but I've always just either got an electronic license and/or taken a picture or screenshot of it and kept in my phone gallery in a separate album titled Fishing License. No paper for me anymore.  The CO has always accepted it here in MN.   

I'll take my chances that the rare instance that I don't have my phone or the battery is dead AND I'm checked by a CO.  One or the other might happen every now and then, but both is unlikely and even then, they are able to check it electronically themselves on their device.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2018, 09:05 AM »
I've used a product called Map Seal on regular paper with good results. It's made for waterproofing folding paper maps. I usually put on two applications, letting it dry completely before applying the second. You can fold it, write on it, resists tearing and it doesn't stink. I've got maps I used and carried for years with only that single treatment.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2018, 09:43 AM »

I did that with a printed paper "sign" at my pond, its been outside for 3 years and still looks brand new

Catchin' Fish

Offline splaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2018, 09:48 AM »
We just take a picture of it and keep it on our phones. Local CO's have not had an issue with it, been checked numerous times. Maybe yours would do the same.
Splaker

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:04 AM »
Look at the site " WaterproofPaper.com"   don t use it myself so don't know if it's any good

tbern,

Thanks for the link, I am buying some of the 8mil puffin paper.

I laminate my snowmobile registrations, but not my not my combo hunting/fishing license because it has the turkey/Deer/Bear  tags on it and I keep it folded up in my wallet.  I keep a signed copy on my phone as well but again that will not work with the tags.

I will let you all know how the puffin paper works.     

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:23 AM »
tnx for giving your update after you give it a try, helps everyone to learn!

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:49 AM »

thats what i do. just put clear tape over the tag part store in plastic bag write on it with sharpie. vermont has came out with a plastic coated transport tag for game.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #14 on: Nov 08, 2018, 11:32 AM »
I keep it inside a sandwich bag and folded up in my wallet. In WI we went to print your own license also but now you don't need to tag a deer until you have it loaded in your truck as long as you stay with the animal and have the tag in your pocket your good.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2018, 12:24 PM »
I keep it inside a sandwich bag and folded up in my wallet. In WI we went to print your own license also but now you don't need to tag a deer until you have it loaded in your truck as long as you stay with the animal and have the tag in your pocket your good.

Thats a good common sense regulation.  I am going to suggest that.  The tag I put in the ear looked like I had chewed the tag like gum.  I had to go home an print a new license before I checked it in.  I also had to dry the license so I could cut my duck stamp out of it.  I laminated the the duck stamp for second season use.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.