Author Topic: Jigging a big shallow sand bowl! (*Underwater view*)  (Read 134 times)

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
Jigging a big shallow sand bowl! (*Underwater view*)
« on: Mar 02, 2024, 09:24 AM »
This was last weekend, but seems like longer ago than that....

1st idea was a hiking trail (w/ a pond at the end)...but there were so many hikers + cars jammed in every which way....that I decided to bail & head further north.

2nd pond was a big shallow sand bowl with scattered weeds.  It's a big lake, but nobody was fishing b/c it was mid-20's + blowing 10-20+.  You'd be surprised how few people like those conditions.  The deal here was to find a deeper hole & then fish around that deep hole.  The fish weren't directly in the deepest spot, they were on the edges....and specifically on an inside turn off a point nearest the deep(er) water.  Once you start figuring out these patterns, they hold from year to year....and also help you break down new water faster.  Anyway, fishing was OK once I got past the micro perch.  Towards the end, I had a bigger fish come in on camera....I couldn't tell exactly what it was....either a big crappie or bass.  I didn't get a great view of it.  I caught a medium-sized bluegill and when I got back to catch the bigger fish it had bolted away....

Check it out if you have some time...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.