Author Topic: Frabill Ice Shuttle - How'd I Do?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Frabill Ice Shuttle - How'd I Do?
« on: Apr 11, 2020, 06:52 PM »
Always one to be on the lookout for a good deal, I could hardly believe it when I found a Frabill Ice Shuttle only about 30 miles away for $20! I offered the guy $25 to hold it for me and mark the ad sold because I didn't want it sold to someone else before I could pick it up today (saw the ad and contacted him last night). It was  on my way to pick up a canoe, so barely even cost me any extra in gas.

The yellow upper of the sled is in good shape, but the black lower part has some wear through on the back corners. But the posts, seat and windbreak are all in good shape. I plan to add some plastic runners to the bottom to compensate for the wear.

I originally thought I might just fix it up and sell it, but the more I think about it, the more I want to keep it for early/late ice when I don't want to drag my Evo 1iT around.

Any good mods besides a rod holder you guys have added to make this little plastic gem even more useful? Best part is it fits in the bed of my truck with the hard tonneau cover closed. I only have 19.5" of clearance under there, so I was happy to see that.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Frabill Ice Shuttle - How'd I Do?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2020, 07:17 PM »
That was the flaw on the ice shuttle.the back corners wear holes.ive repaired both of mine and a buddies with a plastic welder then put cut down skis on them.only mod ive done was put a foldable cup holder on mine.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2020, 07:32 PM »
I've seen others mention the plastic welder, I think I'll pick one up from HF and give that a shot. The runners will help I'm sure, but I'd still like to seal up the holes so the inner compartment doesn't fill with snow.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2020, 08:42 PM »
I have fixed plastic stuff like this with a heat gun, if you already have that. You can find HDPE lots of places, I used cross stitch matts from Walmart to repair an ATV fender.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.