Author Topic: Social Distancing  (Read 6198 times)

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Social Distancing
« Reply #30 on: Mar 28, 2020, 10:38 AM »
We have that same prob here. I live in a tourist town where lots have cottages/cabins or 'summer homes'. We are concerned that they will clean us out of groc too

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/03/28/premier-ford-urges-cottage-goers-to-stay-home-during-coronavirus-outbreak/
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 28, 2020, 01:21 PM »
We have that same prob here. I live in a tourist town where lots have cottages/cabins or 'summer homes'. We are concerned that they will clean us out of groc too

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/03/28/premier-ford-urges-cottage-goers-to-stay-home-during-coronavirus-outbreak/

My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #32 on: Apr 04, 2020, 07:18 PM »
Pubic restrooms for men anywhere... How's that workin' for ya?  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Apr 04, 2020, 10:14 PM »
We closed our territorial borders over a week ago.
Only NWT residents and essentials like truck, courier, mail, fuel etc allowed in.
As of 2 days ago we have 4 cases with one now recovered.
The Dene National Chief said screw this I'm outta here and he's now out self isolating on the land.
I've been deemed essential and have been working but mostly from home. I plan to transition to the cabin after ice out as I'm still not fully insulated yet.

I've got enough supplies to last 4-8 weeks at the house so I'm good there.
I also have enough ammo to hunt for quite some time out at the cabin plus I catch a bunch of lakers there.

And now I give you these!!!   ;D

I'm going to hell for this one. ;)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #34 on: Apr 05, 2020, 10:18 AM »
Unfortunately some folks from neighboring states think that it's OK to "distance" by traipsing clear across Wisconsin to hang out in the North part. Shoulda closed the borders, absolutely NO REASON! The term "moron" leaps to mind among other things.

I still gotta make the trip from here to take care of Mom but I don't do anything down here off my property. I buy gas at the pump halfway there and groceries in Eagle River. I'm not going anywhere in SE WI for anything.
The same thing is happening here. People from states with stay at home orders in place coming here to fish the Missouri River reservoirs. We actually have longer lines at the launches than usual for this time of year. Our governor seems to prefer leaving our borders open to remain popular for her next election. I don't know what it will take to make people stay home to respect their neighbors and their communities along with those in neighboring states. I have two boats and a camper that probably won't leave my property this year due to Coronavirus guidelines.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #35 on: Apr 08, 2020, 08:26 AM »
 Our area has the same issue with people heading to there camps trying to escape   , plus the fishing is very popular lake and river , they have stopped all guiding ,lake charters and river trips ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.