Author Topic: Destined for the Grumpy Old Men Shanty  (Read 2499 times)

grumpymoe

Destined for the Grumpy Old Men Shanty
« on: Feb 18, 2006, 07:33 PM »
one of my biggest peeves.......and anyone who is aboard the shanty on a daily basis will know......my biggest is posts on topics that offer advice on how to catch this or that particular specie of fish.......for the most part, advice is first-hand and plausible.....but what I truly hate is a very few, that profess to be proficient at just about any specie of freshwater fish that our great North American continent has to offer.......and from my perspective.....plagia rize fishing articles....and post as first-hand knowledge.....(they know who they are).....suggestions on how to do this...how to do that.....and if you really look at their posts.......you can truly see who is posting garbage....and who is posting factual experiences....and what makes me wonder about posting this,........how many look up to members with I almost landed the fish of the century.......I didnt want to gaff it.....we can catch em everyday, except we dont have pictures to prove it!!!!.....give me a break......do I sound bitter?  sure hope not, because I am not.........heading for some sloping shore fishing......western or eastern.......makes no difference......Grump

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Destined for the Grumpy Old Men Shanty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Grump...did you wake up on the wrong side of the shanty?  :-\  I do agree with you on both this and the privious topic regarding inappropriate use of site for personal financial gain.

Snot Rocket...Out!!!
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2006, 08:02 PM »
just being a miserable SOB tonight.......just about had it with the individual member(s) that feel its their god given right to skirt the site policies and promote either their garbage posts......or adverts.......I'll (prolly....lmao...) feel better tomorrow morning......GRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUMP

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2006, 08:09 PM »
hope you do feel bettertomorrow...i do enjoy your posts.
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2006, 08:38 PM »
(prolly....lmao...)
Was this for my benefit? :D
Cheese Head

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Gee Grump....my fellow Canadian....this cold snap got ya down? I have not been a member long enough to know of which or whom you speak but I am sure I will in time. Remind me not to get on your bad side.  ;D

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Grump, Do you need a Hug?? ;D  Just kidding I agree with you 100% pictures are worth a thousand words.. ;)

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2006, 09:36 PM »
Well spoken Cicero!! ;)  If BS were music, there would be lot of big brass bands.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2006, 11:25 PM »
HAHAHAHA!  Grump doesn't look like a hugger Caroga Kid, unless your a smelly ol' burbot!  That cold weather does effect the thought process eh Grump?  Now ya see what I've been up against for the last 4 weeks! :D  Cold weather brings out aggression, and deep seeded thoughts.... Well spoken!
I agree with you on your analysis of members re-cycled expertise.  Plagiarism is a real crime, even on the net.  If you don't have viable experience, don't post dribble!  Worse yet, don't scavenge someone's hard worked article by re-writing it for our misfortunate enjoyment!  If I wanted to read something straight out of In-Fishermen, I'd buy the mag.  The best articles written on IS are those of personal reflection and experiences bad or good.
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Kyle_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2006, 12:35 AM »
totally agreed Grump.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 2006, 01:07 AM »
Although I may be not totally in your book of favours I do entirely agree with you and be rest assured, everything I post, and I'm equally sure ^icefishingmaster^ posts, is nothing but 110% experience. Go suck face with a burbot......that will make you feel better.......always raises TGF's errrrrrr....spirits!

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline reelbigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just one more and we'll all go home. SE Mi.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 19, 2006, 02:05 AM »
You know your ugly when a burbot won't return your kiss.  Don't sweat the small
stuff Grump.  It's the WWW baby.  The home of diversity.  There are the doers and
we all know who they are.  Guys like our members from the north country who share
pics and stories of their battles with nature and the elements.  And guys like me, a
midwesterner who has logged 0 hours on ice since Christmas and are forced to tell stories about when they used to go icefishing in years past.  Then there are the thinkers who rely on the experiences of others to fill in the gaps in their data base.
BS doesn't fool anybody.  neither does parroting the words of others and trying to
pass them off as their own.  It is so transparent.  But it doesn't bother me if someone
posts an article written by others in an effort to weigh-in on a subject of which they have no firsthand knowledge.  It's all goes back to the diversity of people posting.
Different strokes...

Ted
Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it's not fish they are after.
Thoreau

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 2006, 04:54 AM »
You know your ugly when a burbot won't return your kiss. 

That about says it all Grump :roflmao:

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:33 AM »
 ;D
Andrew

Offline pikergal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2006, 06:17 PM »
I kissed a Pike once

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2006, 06:25 PM »
hellyeah Grump.....how do u feel when people change their names and you have to play THAT game too... ;)  new member with a couple hundred posts...HMMM

grumpymoe

« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Thats it......I'm going to find a hard-up Burbot to hug and kiss....Grump  ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Although I may be not totally in your book of favours I do entirely agree with you and be rest assured, everything I post, and I'm equally sure ^icefishingmaster^ posts, is nothing but 110% experience. Go suck face with a burbot......that will make you feel better.......always raises TGF's errrrrrr....spirits!
...I'm far from perfect....and never forget it......so don't worry about being in my good favors......if you stray from the path........I'll take you to task.....just enjoy and be a contributor long term to this great forum......Grump ;D

Offline susquayugafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 20, 2006, 01:39 AM »
WOW! Simultaneous howling wolves!! How cool is that?? 8)

Offline Ice Dog 67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DCB = Delta Bravo
« Reply #19 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:30 AM »
one of my biggest peeves.......and anyone who is aboard the shanty on a daily basis will know......my biggest is posts on topics that offer advice on how to catch this or that particular specie of fish.......for the most part, advice is first-hand and plausible.....but what I truly hate is a very few, that profess to be proficient at just about any specie of freshwater fish that our great North American continent has to offer.......and from my perspective.....plagia rize fishing articles....and post as first-hand knowledge.....(they know who they are).....suggestions on how to do this...how to do that.....and if you really look at their posts.......you can truly see who is posting garbage....and who is posting factual experiences....and what makes me wonder about posting this,........how many look up to members with I almost landed the fish of the century.......I didnt want to gaff it.....we can catch em everyday, except we dont have pictures to prove it!!!!.....give me a break......do I sound bitter?  sure hope not, because I am not.........heading for some sloping shore fishing......western or eastern.......makes no difference......Grump

Sure wish there was a "Gripes" board for this stuff! ;D

Yes, I AM being a smart arse, smile!

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #20 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:54 AM »
i dont have a peeve about anything on this site.its a great site!When i do run across artificial posts or posts that are on this site for advertising,profit,etc.i just keep on truckin most days.Of coarse all people have bad days.most people are apt at keeping a posative nature about these issues and have learned long ago(depending on their age and maturity),to filter this content out of their wellbeing.Its a terrible thing to watch a person wittle away from rust on his fender till the fender falls off.This comment is not aimed or fired at any persons in particular.

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:58 AM »
I kissed a Pike once
I don't just kiss.............I make-out with the first striper of the season $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$   ;D

ps. Grump....did you quit smoking or something?   j/k you're the man....fresh herring for you in the spring

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.