Author Topic: Smitty Sleds  (Read 929 times)

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Smitty Sleds
« on: Nov 13, 2013, 02:06 PM »
I just got off the web after looking at a great number of Smitty Sleds, and something really stood out in my mind. Of all the sleds I saw, NONE of them had a push-bar. I learned a log time ago it is much easier to push something then it is to pull it. That's why my sled has an optional push-bar as well as the usual tow-rope http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/Smileys/default/rolleyes.gif  Just sayin...Good Fishing!
Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Smitty Sleds
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2013, 02:49 PM »
Beg to differ.   PUSH a sled thru snow?  No way-

PUSH a hut with my snowmobile?    No way-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2013, 03:05 PM »
I Agree with you SLAYER...that's why I use the tow-rope in snow. What I have found is that on lakes like Antero and Eleven Mile, the wind has a way of clearing a lot of the snow away, and if I use old "tracks", the sled is very easy to push. Add to that, even with cleats on my boots, the push-bar gives me a little more stability. An old guy like me needs that. I certainly wouldn't "push" it with a snowmobile...that's not even an option. Sorry...I guess I should have made my point a little clearer. Good Fishing!
Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2013, 03:28 PM »
I was at Crawford last year and this old guy,well a guy my age had a push bar on his setup. It looked like he was doing pretty good when he left and when he got to the hill to go up I would say he did better then I did pulling mine up.
<===Lefty===

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2013, 06:04 PM »
See the Maine site under  Sled Tips   by Bart

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.