Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615913 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15600 on: Apr 26, 2019, 06:45 AM »
51 with rain.
IW, glad you had a good day for your road trip. Lake has dropped about a foot in the last day or so. We don't need anymore rain. I am right on Rt. 30 just before the Hamilton Co. line. Would have been great to meet you. Next time. Thanks for the picture.
WW, another good day on the water. Way to go.
River and creeks have dropped some but still dirty. Did see a few walleyes last night.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15601 on: Apr 26, 2019, 11:05 AM »
Good day.rain falling here also like H2L my area of NY> does not need it at this time. I had a nature show going on earlier there is a strip of trees between my condo complex and neighboring property a red tail hawk landed in one of the trees blue jays must have a nest nearby they were harassing the hawk it did eventually fly off and has not returned to the tree. There are several squirrel nests it these trees and i've seen hawk in recent days so think it maybe raiding the squirrel nests looking for this years babies.
Eddie smart thinking starting some back up sun flower plants. Once your plants in the garden start growing remember to put in stakes/poles to help support the plants as they grow I've seen sun flowers damaged by high winds.
Ice Wanderer most of the trees /bushes have leaves down here in south east NY. also certain flowers in bloom. Glad things went well with the grandchildren. Nice photo of the Conklinville dam.
Whopper Stopper good to read your finished the current tree job and picked up work work plus a job for your former employer. Remember to get your commission from him. :whistle: Next time you have to climb a tree twice just think some people pay to join health clubs and climb their rock walls.  ::) ;D  Sounds like your SIL is replacing some of the trees you removed from her property.
Tom Turkey looks like the Spring bazzar will be a good money maker for the VFW.Good your son and not started the prep. for the colonoscopy before getting the phone call about cancellation. Best to hime with this procedure and it's results.
Hunts2long happy for you and the wife her blood work was good and just need another medication adjustment. May you not suffer any problems from all of the recent rainy weather.. I've driven by your house a couple of times when I have made trips to Speculator,NY. .
Icefisher-45 happy to read your getting out of the house.
Wallyworld thanks for the photos happy for you and Mr.WW that the brown trout were biting.

A safe and good day to all may everyone see only rain and no wet heavy Spring type snow.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15602 on: Apr 27, 2019, 03:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looking/feeling/sounding  more like a Fall day than a Spring day here this am... 43* and raining with winds blowing around 20mph at the moment, high of 44 today.

Steve...guess it’s always good to have a back up plan, even if it’s only for sunflowers, lol. I mounded a layer of grass trimmings around all the sunflowers we planted with some of last years grass trimmings put aside for a compost pile, going to put Gatorade/water bottles over them with the bottoms cut off later today. If it works, that will be  great...if not, we’ll be ready for round two, lol.  ;D 
  H2...looking like a lot of rain days coming over the next 10 days. Hope that won’t cause any issues. Glad to read the tests were good for your wife and they’ve got the meds in order now.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...another good dose of the tug drug, congratulations to you and Mr.WW on your trip, beautiful looking fish!  Thanks for sharing the pictures!  :clap:  :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for sharing the video, that looks like a pretty neat saw, super light! Good going wrapping up the tree job with your SIL.   :thumbsup:  Did you get a jump on planting all the seedlings?
  Jeff...thanks for sharing the picture of Conklinville Dam, never did see that before.   :thumbsup:  Imagine it’s cranking out some water today.
  I-45...hope things went well with your appointment Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...calling for a chance of snow here as well, lol, don’t think it will amount to much....but my snowblower is still ready if needed.   ;D

We had an early start again yesterday on demo, with any luck, that will be the last for the terrazzo. With the extended forecast however, that could easily change.
  They had a Polish Fest inside near our work area on Thursday. The smells of all that fine food like Galumpkis,Pierogis, and of course the sausages was incredible. A very good 4 man band was playing some great music for entertainment, and as is common practice, some of the guys in the crew were making up their own lyrics again and shuffling around... :nono: :roflmao:
   Small side job with a friend today, resurfacing some steps. Not sure what the conditions are there, but if it’s anything like here, I can’t see it happening unless they’re totally tented in. The winds are supposed to blow all day 15-25mph, should be interesting!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15603 on: Apr 27, 2019, 04:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                                  It's 39* and light rain here on my hill. We had over 2" of rain yesterday and close to a half inch so far today. ::)
                                  Eddie..........When I worked at the State Campus there use to be events like that, made the day go faster. That's a good plan for
                         the sunflowers! :thumbsup:
                                   Marv..........Manufact urers have come a long way with electric saws plus they are so much lighter. :thumbsup:
                                   Tom...........The same as Eddie chance of snow tomorrow, I don't think it will stick. ???
                                   Wally..........You and Mr. WW sure know where to fish, good job! :clap:
                                   H2L............On the next trip I'll ask in a PM for your mail box #. Yes it would be nice to meet. :thumbsup:
                                   Not much going on today, my wife is at her sons again, my # 3 son is coming over to get my wife"s deck furniture out for me.
                                   I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out dodging rain drops.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15604 on: Apr 27, 2019, 06:46 AM »
41* breezy, cloudy and lots of days like this on the way. Long range forecast is for the same most everyday for the next 2 weeks. We will see. I do know that with the high water level and weather forecast, next weekends opening of walleye season may be on hold for me.

Not much planned for this weekend, some housework, etc.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15605 on: Apr 27, 2019, 06:53 AM »
Morning all,

It's 38* windy and SNOWING  :%$#!: :nono: :cookoo: :pinch:  That about says it all for me today  >:(   :'(

Have a good day at whatever you have planned. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15606 on: Apr 27, 2019, 07:16 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

45 degrees  still waiting on the foul weather which should be here in a couple of hours. It appears the snow will slide by about 80 miles to the south which is just fine.

Eddie good luck if you get the job in :thumbsup: I bet the smell of all the food made the lunch bucket seem a little sparse ??? I always hated when we had a long day and you started smelling all the grills getting fired up.

IW you going to be able to mow when the time comes? Hope you have a nice quiet day over there :thumbsup:

WW any idea how much the fish weighed? They sure look solid.

Yesterday ended up being busy. I took care of a guys tree that had decided to fall on his garage. I can't believe how people can just ignore a dead snag around their buildings and then are surprised when they fall down ???

The afternoon was spent planting trees and we finally finished getting them all in by 6pm. Today will be a rest day, which will be easy if the rain once starts.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15607 on: Apr 27, 2019, 08:33 AM »
32* and sunny this morning. It sounds like we are going to escape the snow if their guess is right. It is going way south of us. It is opening day of small stream trout fishing today. I sure miss being able to chase brook trout.

Eddie When my son was helping me at the other place a while back he went to move a Cement block. I guess he had never dealt with a real cement block as he almost dropped it. He was used to cinder blocks. Before cinder blocks masons must have had some real mussle to handle them. I have quite a few of them around. I get a cart if I need to move them.

Marv That saw looks neat if you do not have any real work to do with it. If I am doing any small stuff in the yard where I can run electic to I use my sawzall with a tree triming blade. I found about them
 when we were cleaning up some limbs that came off a worthless chineese elm at my sons. It was a lot safer than using a gas saw as it was a jumbled up mess.

I should have gone to the Township meeeting a while back as it got interesting. The lake board member, that I got in to it with, told the board he wanted some thing done in two weeks. Not going to happen. There is a zoning varinace meeting next month that I will be at. Another of the lake board is suing the Zoning Administer about something. The wife justs sent the township clerk copies of the rental ads for three properties on the lake.

I spotted the guy I got into it with as shifty when I first met him. I seem to have a knack for that. Years ago a guy was processing Salmon from the weirs in the fall. I figured he was a crook when I first met him. My boss told me he was a great guy when I told him my feelings of him. The guy ended up doing some prison time as he  was bringing salmon eggs from NY and making caviar out of them. Those eggs were not supposed to be brought in to the state and proceesed as they had mercury in them.

Marv There are two dead trees that the Assn board was told needed to come down two years ago when the wife told them about when she told them where to stick things. They both are liable to fall on the pavilion. I hope their insurance is going to cover the damage when they fall on the building.

ww Nice catch of salmon. After looking around for info on the guy that brought the eggs into Michigan from NY state that got him sentenced to prison, it made me wonder if you have an adisory on eating  your salmon due to contamination?  There are advisories all over the place in Michigan about eating fish from certain places.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15608 on: Apr 27, 2019, 01:41 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Cloudy and windy day today. My wife is at work today. Has tomorrow off so it will be church and starting the packing process. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15609 on: Apr 27, 2019, 10:15 PM »
Good evening like many of you had a windy day here making it feel more like Fall or early Spring. Weather guessers saying high of only fifty tomorrow and more rain.
Eddie were you able to work on the steps or get rained out today. May your plan for the sun flowers work.
Ice Wanderer did you and son #3 get all the deck furniture in place.
Wallyworld hope any snow you received has already melted and caused no problems.
Whopper Stopper your saws have been working steady lately with all the different jobs. Good work getting all the seedlings planted.
Tom Turkey may your town zoning dept. enforce laws in place. Someone may also want to check that the assoc. board still has insurance on the community building since you can not get current financial reports there may not be a policy in place because of not payment of premiums. Hopefully not the case since if any thing happens all property owners will be paying for repairs to the building.
Icefisher-45 all the best with your move and the preparation for it.

A safe and good night to all.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15610 on: Apr 28, 2019, 04:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  39*, windy and damp, high of 48 here today. Rain /showers expected around 9am...another wet day ahead

Steve...yes, we got the step job completed. Pretty small job and it had a roof over it with only one step being exposed which was a big plus.  :thumbsup:
  I-45...X2 on Steves reply, hope all goes well with the move!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...I once did a small foundation addition for a homeowner who wanted to save some $$ naturally, and said he would labor for me getting all the 10’’ concrete block down in the hole. He called me shortly after the delivery and said he quit... :roflmao: 
  Marv...busy day getting all those trees planted, good job! Hope your back is feeling ok after the work out.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...we got hit with some light freezing rain showers and snow flurries yesterday...it sure didn’t feel like Spring..understand your post completely!   ;D
  H2...only word I can come up with and use politely for the long range forecast is ‘’gloomy’’... ;D  Will be looking forward to your walleye reports again though!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...glad your son was helping you out with the furniture yesterday.  :thumbsup: How’s that shoulder coming along? 

Had an invite to go Striper fishing today on the Hudson River with two friends out in the boat but took a pass. It’s going to be another raw day and yesterday’s chills just left my body, lol....another time.
  Not much on the planner here today, R&R.
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15611 on: Apr 28, 2019, 05:33 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          I give up for a while this will be the 3rd time tying to post, it went to reload and I loose everything. ::)

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15612 on: Apr 28, 2019, 06:26 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

26 and frosty this morning with a high short of 50.

Eddie glad you guys were able to get the job done yesterday :thumbsup: Enjoy the R&R Sir!

IW 3 tries  :%$#!: Hope you will be able to get on later. Have a good day over there!

I am hitting the road in a bit and am going to pick the old boat up from my sisters. They need to access a part of their shed and need the boat gone. I will spend some time working on it when time permits. I know I will need to patch a few holes but it isn't too far off from floating. Yes I would like to spend a couple days fishing :thumbsup:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15613 on: Apr 28, 2019, 06:29 AM »

Good Morning. 38* and no wind.

As you can see the lake got pretty close to the house but is starting to drop. Yesterday the power was off for about 3 hours, had to hook up a generator to the sump pump. Tree just below the house took power line down.

Eddie, glad the weekend job went well.

Ice 45, good luck with the move. Take it slow and easy. Glad you are feeling better.

Have good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15614 on: Apr 28, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Morning all,

TT......I know there are some advisories on eating various fish from different lakes in the state, but since most all our fish are released and we don't personally eat any fish I really don't pay much attention to the warnings  ;) walleye & perch are about the only thing we keep for my brother, don't think there's any advisories on them

WS.....MrWW's salmon was 33", 12 &1/2 lbs   :flex:   my browns were 22" & 23" didn't bother with weighing them  :-\  safe travels today sir  ;)

IW.....hope you can chase the gremlins out  :blink:

Eddie.....glad you were able to get the side job in yesterday, must have been brutal out in that weather  ::)  enjoy your "day off " today  ;D

IFF.......how are you feeling  ???   hope you've shaken that cold by now  ;)

MrC.....it snowed ALL day here  >:(  luckily none of it stuck  :clap:  now we need 3 or 4 days of dry sunny weather so the lawn can dry up to mow, not looking likely tho according to the weatherman  :-\

IF45.....good luck with the packing, when is the move  ???

H2L......hope the lake doesn't get too high, see the St Lawrence and Ontario are rising pretty quickly  :o  hope it doesn't end up like a couple years ago with all the flooding up there  :nono:  :wacko:

Another cold wet dreary day, at least it's been only rain so far today :unsure: 

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Morning H2L.....glad to hear you have a generator to keep the pump running, flooded cellars are no fun  :'(

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15615 on: Apr 28, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Good early evening the Sun making an appearance after rain for most of the day . Thankfully no heavy down pours like many of you the ground in my area will not absorb to much more water and streams/rivers are high and running fast.
Eddie good to read most of the steps were covered and you could do the job. If your buddies make another trip for stripers try and get out with them hard fighting fish that give a good battle.
Ice Wanderer may your computer not have a virus infection.
Whopper Stopper Have fun prepping and then fishing from the old boat.
Hunts2long may the lake level drop before you suffer any damage to your house. Glad you have a backup generator to keep the sump pump running if you loose electric power.
Wallyworld happy the snow did not stick . You and everyone else in areas where overnight temperature may drop below freezing keep a watch out for black ice on the roadways during morning hours. Also remember to cover your gardens and any sensitive plants'

Have a pleasant evening.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15616 on: Apr 29, 2019, 02:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A crisp start to begin the day, 30* at the moment with a high of 56 today. At least we’ll see the sun shining today...

Steve...they sent me a few texts while they were out, pretty slow day for them. Maybe next trip I’ll get a chance, it’s been a few years since I fished stripers, definitely a great fighting fish!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...I’ve got more standing water on parts of my lawn now than I can remember, lol. Hopefully some of our friends to the West will send some better weather soon! Best of luck if you’re heading out on the water today!   :thumbsup:
  H2...glad you had back up for the pump and they got the power restored pretty quickly.  :thumbsup:  Looks like a good day today before the rains come back.
  Marv...hope your trip went well retrieving the old boat. Did your sister have breakfast waiting for your arrival?  Enjoy the time spent on fixing up the old boat...bet there’s lots of memories with that one.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope the computer problems are cleared up this am, guessing it’s in the 20’s up your way this am.

Fairly relaxing day yesterday, although the gloomy weather seemed to have everyone in a bah humbug type of mood, lol. Watched a lot of old westerns yesterday and even shared a bag of popcorn with my granddaughter watching Branded...although that didn’t last long.   ;D.
  Plenty of sunshine expected today, that should perk up a few...until tomorrow anyway.   ;D
  Time to get ready for another 40...Cawfee’s on...
  B

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15617 on: Apr 29, 2019, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

44 with light rain today, we may squeak out a 60 later today. The stretches are done for today :thumbsup:

Eddie glad you were able to catch up on some rest yesterday. I usually put Gunsmoke on here at noon when I am around. It's always fun to see all the stars before they were popular getting their start. I also don't mind watching Matt blast a couple people a show ;D. Yep my sister had a table full of breakfast waiting. She had pancakes, sausages, bacon, and french toast. She also had some fruit cut up for dessert ???

WW hope you weather straightened out some for you. Hope the week finds you battling a fish somewhere. Those were some nice fish, I was betting on 15lbs for the big one :thumbsup:

IW hope the computer treats you better today :thumbsup:

mr.clean hope the rain holds off in your area for awhile to allow things to dry up a bit :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what I am doing today. I wanted to knock off a little tree job but I am not a fan of slippery trees. It wasn't bad when I climbed daily, but now that I don't I prefer decent weather. The boat is in the shed so I could always tinker on that.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15618 on: Apr 29, 2019, 06:04 AM »
26 degrees, sunny.

Lake is slowly going down. As long as we don't get any heavy rains it should be fine. I am not seeing any snow, to speak of, in the woods.

Wife has a 11am Drs. appt on Tuesday, in NYC. It is with one of the Drs. that treated her during her stay earlier this year. He was on vacation last week when we were there. I am sure it will be a quick visit.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15619 on: Apr 29, 2019, 07:08 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....safe travels tomorrow, hope the check up goes well  ;)

Eddie.....we all need those lazy do nothing constructive type of days every now and again  :whistle: 

WS.....sounds like quite the spread for breakfast  :thumbsup:  hope you can get the boat on some water soon  ;)2

IW.....those gremlins still hanging around this morning  ???

MrC....the 10 day forecast for this area isn't looking good,  only 2 dry days on tap  :%$#!:  going to be a PITA to get the lawn under control when (or if) it ever dries out  ::)

A frosty 28* this morning, but lots of sun for now  @)  rain moving in again this afternoon  :wacko:  not sure what's on the agenda today, just play it by ear I guess  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15620 on: Apr 29, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Ugah:  Rain snow mix coming this evening, boat remains covered.  Walleye tournament for Cherry Creek was a bust, only 20 of the 54 boats boated an average of 3 legal fish.  Glad I had company and stayed home.

Back to 60's come Thursday, looks like next weekend we get some 70's. Managed to get the lawn mowed for the first time.

Time to hit the ditch, take care all.

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15621 on: Apr 29, 2019, 05:03 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 59* here today and sunny. Supposed to get more rain for the rest of the week. Neck and arms are still sore. Dr says that’s normal considering all the stretching they had to do to my neck and arms. See him again in 4 weeks. Then we talk about the second surgery.  Supposed to be moving out on June 1st. My wife may have found another place she likes better. Smaller but less stairs. Person says we can put a pod on the property at the new place. We’ll see what happens.

IFF, I Hope you get better weather soon.

WallyWorld, I hope you had a good day and got on the water.

Hunts2long, Safe travels tomorrow. I’m glad your wife is feeling better.

Whopper Stopper, Slippery trees are no fun.

I hope everyone had a good day and everyone has a good night.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15622 on: Apr 29, 2019, 07:20 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Tomorrow morning I have to go in for some blood work at 6am, so I figured I would check in tonight. We had a good rain this morning and everything was dripping wet. Being the forecasters couldn't decide what tomorrow holds (Tuesday), I decided to go against what I had said, and took care of the trees I had to knock out today. As expected it wasn't fun but all went well and it's done :clap:

h2l Good luck to your wife tomorrow, safe travels Sir! :thumbsup:

45, good luck on picking a new place. Less steps sounds like something worth strong consideration.

Eddie, how's "Mason Gardens" doing? I bet the outdoor stuff loved the free drink. Hope you and the crew have a good Tuesday as you clock in 8 more :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15623 on: Apr 29, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Good evening cool start to the day frost on vehicles warmed up to low sixties by late afternoon weather guessers calling for another wet day tomorrow.
Eddie have you seen topic titled Hudson River over on My Fish Finder/NY.forum by member Gino@Roundout has been doing well fishing for striped bass from shore in the Poughkeepsie area.(he is know as Tipup28 here on Ice Shanty)
Ice Wanderer guessing gremlins still bothering your computer.
Hunts2long safe travels to NYC may the doctor be happy with your wife's health.
Wallyworld think you need to enjoy a couple bowls of ice cream while thinking of sunny/warm weather. When things dry out set the deck height on your mower to it's highest setting mow lawn then lower deck height and mow again if needed to get grass to length you like to keep it at between cuttings.
IFF how are you feeling over the cold I hope may you be able to get your boat out in coming days of early May.
Icefisher-45 May the next and arm soreness subside over time. Fewer stairs can be a plus especially if you have to climb a flight or more to enter your home.
Whopper Stopper all the best with the blood work. Glad everything went well with the tree work.

A good and safe night to all.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15624 on: Apr 30, 2019, 05:16 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 38* and cloudy here on my hill, yesterday was 28* with frost on the ground. ::)
                            Eddie........How did the Sunflowers hold up at 30* ??? I hope the Gremlins have gone. :blink:
                            H2L..........Have a safe trip today if you haven't already left. :clap:
                            Marv.........Remember you're retired, so slow down on the tree work, you don't need to injure yourself. :whistle:
                            Wally........This weather is trying at times, it doesn't seem to want to straighten out. ???
                            Bud..........You never know unless you were out fishing in the tournament, you might have been the lucky one. ???
                            I had my first PT appointment yesterday again, it went well it was a deja vu from the other time. :woot:
                            We've been watching grand kids this until #3 and his wife find something more permanent.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out doing!.

IW 

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15625 on: Apr 30, 2019, 05:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 41* this morning and raining. Sump pump is working overtime.

Whopper Stopper, Good luck on your blood work today.

I hope everyone has a great day and stay dry.
Take a kid ice fishing

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15626 on: Apr 30, 2019, 06:34 AM »
39* this morning. We got 3/10 of rain yesterday. It was needed as things were real dry. More guessed for the next two weeks. Guessed for maybe 2 inches on Wednesday. We thought we were hearing some weird thunder yesterday. It was a guy dropping of a dumpster at the good neighbors next door. They are wanting to sell this summer and move north. It will be a sad day if they move.

It looks like I will have to dig out my camo rain gear if I am going to hunt turkeys next week. My season starts on the 6th and runs until the end of May so there is no hurry, just like to get it done. A week from Friday I have the skin cancer taken off of my head, so I only have four days to hunt next week.

IF-45 Have good and safe trip to NYC. I think that I can do some of my appointments online with some thing like Skype.

Marv Trying to out guess the weather guessers is impossible. Must be you have to have some fasting blood work done with that of an early appointment.

When I got home from my pain clinic appointment yesterday all I wanted to do was sleep. I checked my bood sugar, it was 225 from the steroids.  The doc injected the nerve down my left leg. As usuall I opted to do it with out having sedation. That was a mistake as it was the most painfull injection I have ever had and I have had many. So far the pain in my hip and leg has been gone. Time will tell

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15627 on: Apr 30, 2019, 06:41 AM »
Morning all,

IF45......best wishes whichever place you choose  :)  remember it's not where you are but who you're with that matters  ;)2

IFF......sad seeing the boat sitting ready to go and having the weather say nope not today  :'(  lucky you getting the lawn mowed  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....hope IW's gremlins didn't pay you a visit this morning  :-\

WS.....x2 IW's comment   :whistle:  hope all is good with the blood work today  ;D

IW.....glad to hear pt went well again  :clap:  how old are the grandkids you're watching  ??? 

MrC.....you're right there aren't many problems that ice cream can't fix  :woot:

Ended up working on splitting wood yesterday  :flex:  the blackflies were brutal once it warmed up  >:(  still another day of splitting left to do then it's a waiting game to get it stacked under the lean to   ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning TT......sorry to hear the injection was so painful, but sounds like it helped your hip  :clap:  good luck with the turkey hunting, season opens here tomorrow and of course rain is forecast   :wacko:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15628 on: Apr 30, 2019, 08:19 AM »
Yeah Steve shook off the cold, glad its gone.  See my light rain over night was snow instead of rain.  Hoping the cherry blooms don't freeze.

Think I am about due some time off.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15629 on: Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Good day everyone!! Shed Day at my place today, along with seeing my first Hummingbird of the season!! We bought a Tuff Shed and today is the day they're putting it up!!  :thumbsup: We've been waiting for this for awhile. The shed is 12' X 16' and should finally give me most of my garage back! One of the builders called it the same thing I do, the 'barn'!  ;)2 My wife and I augered 4 8" X 18" holes yesterday into heavy wet and rocky clay soil. Ice is much easier believe me!!  :woot: I'm still sore and will be for another couple of days!!. I hope everyone has a good day at whatever is on the planner!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.