The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Warm Weather and Rain/Snow  (Read 1340 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Warm Weather and Rain/Snow
« on: Jan 15, 2021, 04:54 AM »
Seems like the middle of winter is not so wintery at all.  Just warm weather and moisture accumulation.  In a way makes me not want to really do ice fishing as it's a wet and soggy condition.  Everything gets wet. 

Hmmmm...I'm contemplating...awe heck no venture no fear...might as well go drench myself.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Owesome_Otter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Warm Weather and Rain/Snow
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2021, 09:39 AM »
I was going to explore a little this weekend. Will be interesting to see how sloppy the ice is with the wintery mix we're having.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2021, 10:11 AM »
Three hours into it.  Only a few small crappie and perch.  Very slow fishing and sloppy wet miserable.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:27 AM »
Four hours into it and it's becoming a sloppy slush.  Ice is sinking under the water weight and slush.  So it's seems like the ice made an inch thicker from bottom of ice to water surface.

Now for the dreaded wet put gear away and slush walk back...

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2021, 04:44 PM »
All that suffering for some dinky fish action only.  I was kind of miserable feeling damp and all.  Should've worn rain gear for real waterproof.

Offline Harv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2021, 09:25 AM »
Bob-
Where were you out of, or near, when giving that report.  I forget to check in with the Minnesota forum.  I've been on the Duluth harbor a few times, tiny walleyes.
Heading to Ely to do some exploring for some crappies, maybe a walleye if I'm lucky.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2021, 12:12 AM »
Bob-
Where were you out of, or near, when giving that report.  I forget to check in with the Minnesota forum.  I've been on the Duluth harbor a few times, tiny walleyes.
Heading to Ely to do some exploring for some crappies, maybe a walleye if I'm lucky.

I stuck around in town TC metro area.  Didn't really want to drive far, cuz it was gonna be a walk to a fishing spot anyways.  It was really meant to test out the new Eskimo Outbreak 250XD shelter I purchased and see how the new shelter material performed.  It worked out well and water beads off the outer shell.  The windows however were water collection and that dripped on the inside right through the velcrow spots onto any equipment and gear underneath it. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.