The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Vermillion  (Read 505 times)

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Vermillion
« on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Hey guys,
I live in central Wisconsin and go to Canada every year.  Unfortunately due to economic restraints I will be unable to do that this summer.  I am thinking I would like to explore Lake Vermillion up by ELY.  Seems similar to the lake I fish in canada and its a close enough drive.  I was wondering if anybody can suggesta  campground that sells bait, has electric hook ups at the docks, gas at the docks,  and has "primitive" sites for a couple tents.  Any advice would be great!
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lake Vermillion
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2011, 01:34 PM »
My family took our first ever Minnesota vacation in July of 2011. We stayed at the Life of Riley Resort. They do have limited tent camping but they looked alright for what they were. May want to check with Rock. Give hime a call - look it up online, I do not have the number on hand. The dock had electric on it. We did not buy any bait from them but they had it available. Cook is not far away and we needed to get a few things. There are plenty of places nearby to get bait. It is located on Norwegian Bay.

(If you go and have kids, a couple of bead-headed flies fished off the dock will catch many species and lots of panfish.)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.