The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ice fishing season is over  (Read 6659 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice fishing season is over
« Reply #30 on: Feb 14, 2023, 12:36 PM »
Been ice fishing here since b4 Thanksgiving and there's a blizzard coming tomorrow. im sick of ice fishing. Please come and take our ice! ;D

Just send me your address and I’ll be there ASAP!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 14, 2023, 01:34 PM »
it's great how some like to mouth off while sitting in front of a computer.
I’d say it in person but I’m not waisting my time fishing beat up lakes just cuz they have “ice”

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 14, 2023, 02:04 PM »
I just got home from work and having a margarita with
No Ice,!!🙄

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 14, 2023, 02:19 PM »
I’d say it in person but I’m not waisting my time fishing beat up lakes just cuz they have “ice”

🤣🤣🤣

Well, there’s plenty of open water in Pike county right now. Just let me know where and when, and we can discuss this in person!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Arkansaspete2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 14, 2023, 02:44 PM »
Hey Rutt you think prompton still safe thinking of heading their tomorrow morning. A/P  :tipup:

Offline chapru

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 14, 2023, 02:50 PM »
Yeah, took a ride to Promised Land this morning. Wishful thinking; half open with white caps blowing. Just got done putting my stuff away.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 14, 2023, 04:55 PM »
Hey Rutt you think prompton still safe thinking of heading their tomorrow morning. A/P  :tipup:

Not sure Pete- you might have to go further up into northern Wayne co..............
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 14, 2023, 04:58 PM »
Yeah, took a ride to Promised Land this morning. Wishful thinking; half open with white caps blowing. Just got done putting my stuff away.

Did you check Snow Shanty?
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 14, 2023, 05:02 PM »
took a ride up to Hamlin after work today. Most water I saw was open or looked sick. Yep, gotta pull the kayak out and clean her up. I don't think much will be good this weekend. But of course, we will see.

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 14, 2023, 05:10 PM »
I was on shanty on Saturday, had about 3”, doubt it’s any good now

Offline chapru

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 14, 2023, 06:14 PM »
I didn’t get out and check Rutt, just drove by slow. There was open water out by the island and I could see some water along the shoreline. The ice had that crappy grey look to it.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 14, 2023, 08:46 PM »
Yeah, that doesn’t sound good..........
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Ice_Surveyor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 15, 2023, 08:16 AM »
Guys the weather is all my fault. I bought a nice flasher, bibs, all the stuff to really get into ice fishing seriously....and then no ice. Apologies.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 15, 2023, 09:02 AM »
see that! I knew it was someones fault!  :o

:roflmao:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 15, 2023, 09:51 AM »
Guys the weather is all my fault. I bought a nice flasher, bibs, all the stuff to really get into ice fishing seriously....and then no ice. Apologies.

LOL! 😁. I’ll take partial blame too..............I bought this nice 6 man hub this year and only got to use it once! 🙄

Where's the FISH?!

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 15, 2023, 10:37 AM »
 Keep the Faith!!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 15, 2023, 11:36 AM »
Be careful PaBassman............. ..or you’ll be accused of “trying to get people to fish!”  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 15, 2023, 12:22 PM »
 Not me my friend. I dont want anybody to fish. Stay off..... Leave it for me and my buddies LOL  >:D. After the 2021 debacle about Slocum on this site I wont post reports or pics. So everybody please stay off the ice  :angel

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 15, 2023, 01:37 PM »
Not me my friend. I dont want anybody to fish. Stay off..... Leave it for me and my buddies LOL  >:D. After the 2021 debacle about Slocum on this site I wont post reports or pics. So everybody please stay off the ice  :angel

The year of the shadow ban.  lol

Offline chapru

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 15, 2023, 01:43 PM »
Hey, I want a share of the blame as well. Tired of hand drilling the small stuff so I just went out and bought a new Kobalt 24v, a Kocacs adapter, and attached it to a 6” Mora base. Couldn’t wait to try it. Only place it ran was in my garage

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 15, 2023, 01:49 PM »

LMBO! 🤣🤣🤣
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 15, 2023, 01:52 PM »
Hey, I want a share of the blame as well. Tired of hand drilling the small stuff so I just went out and bought a new Kobalt 24v, a Kocacs adapter, and attached it to a 6” Mora base. Couldn’t wait to try it. Only place it ran was in my garage

Congrats chapru...............y ou need to go to the beer barn and get one of those big blocks of ice to try it out now! 😜
Where's the FISH?!

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 15, 2023, 07:12 PM »
The year of the shadow ban.  lol

LOL  :wacko:

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Feb 17, 2023, 01:26 PM »
🤣🤣🤣

Well, there’s plenty of open water in Pike county right now. Just let me know where and when, and we can discuss this in person!  ;)
What happen to your weather outlooks? I’ll be going north for lakers and pike maybe next season

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Feb 17, 2023, 01:30 PM »
Be careful PaBassman............. ..or you’ll be accused of “trying to get people to fish!”  ;)
Couple nights in the high teens will be funny will solidify the ice im on and just give you a glimpse of what this ice season one barely skimmed after it’s all thawed and too frozen to cast hahahaha

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Feb 17, 2023, 02:47 PM »

I posted this in the winter scenes section but wanted to get your interpretation of the clouds.   Something is happening when you look at all three.  Natural.....or other??

Offline Steidyj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Feb 17, 2023, 03:01 PM »
Hey CarpBoy,
When I see clouds like that in winter (cold winter), I imagine they come from some open body of water where evaporation is happening. Something like a stream/creak, or also some industrial evaporation. Could even be a warm section of forest that is creating water vapor. A place where moist hot air is being released and small puffs of clouds are forming. When I see them the sun normally burns them off a couple of hours later or the wind pulls them apart. Could totally be off track, interested to hear others opinions.
I wish I saw clouds like that over a frozen lake this year  :'( maybe we will have ice fishing for march!
Best,
Jake

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Feb 17, 2023, 04:42 PM »
Thanks Jake.  Very technical.  I'd like to hear what others think of the way those three clouds are positioned as if something is emerging.....

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 17, 2023, 05:52 PM »
What happen to your weather outlooks? I’ll be going north for lakers and pike maybe next season

I’m just saying...............a ny time you want to discuss things face to face just let me know! 😉
Where's the FISH?!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #59 on: Feb 25, 2023, 08:24 PM »
PA is caught in that netherland of not quite the north, and not quite the south. That is probably why the biggest battle of the Civil War happened in Gettysburg..........    ??? :-X :unsure:

I lived the first 31 years of my life in the foothills of the Adirondacks, and never missed out on starting ice fishing before January 1, and could reliably fish somewhere close until at least mid March every year. Now that I live 2 hours south of Albany, it makes a huge difference. There is not much worth ice fishing around here anyway, but regardless there is not safe ice on even small waters in southeastern NY in most years. I drive 4 hours north to do 98% of my ice fishing overall, all of it in years such as this one.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.