Author Topic: Pike Bay Chassell  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Ron Deaton

• IceShanty Rookie
Pike Bay Chassell
« on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:17 AM »
Heading to Chassell March 14 -20.  Any info on ice conditions would be appreciated. Going for crappies. Thanks in advance. ;D

Offline Ron Deaton

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pike Bay Chassell
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2018, 04:20 PM »
bump

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2018, 05:02 PM »
Ice should be good. With the warm up and cool down I would imagine the walk out is easier. The bite has been pretty slow with few crappies per day from what ive heard. (Haven't been out in a week).
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline Ron Deaton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Thx for the update

Offline TCcrawdad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2018, 06:08 PM »
I've been out the last 2 days and there's plenty of ice. The snow/slush isn't too awful either.

Offline Ron Deaton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Hi guys,

Just got back from Chassell and had 5 days of EAST wind.  Ice is 2 to 3 ft thick with a couple of layers of water in between. There is packed snow about 4 inches for the most part with spots of 2 feet of fluff snow with a crust that you can get a 4 wheeler stuck in. 2 guys caught 40 fish in 6 days (thank you east wind). Marked a lot of fish but they were very reluctant to bite. When you did get a hit it was a very gentle take by the fish. Most fish were in the 10 - 12 inch range with 5 that were 15 inches. Brutes with shoulders. DNR was out checking. CO Doug was a nice guy and did not hassle anyone. There is going to be a lot of ice for a while so if you still got the bug you know where to fish. Bait shop in Hancock has minnows and wax worms. They are open 9:30 to 5:30. Only place to get bait. Julie's Motor in has a house they rent for $650 a week,  has 2 double beds, bunk bed and a couch to sleep a total of 5. Small kitchen with all utensils, plates etc.   Bite should only get better until ice out which could be sometime in Late April or May.  Good luck.

Offline Ron Deaton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2018, 09:12 AM »

Offline Keweenaw

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Is the bite picking up?  I assume the ice is still solid just about everywhere still.  I am conflicted... I shouldn't be thinking about ice fishing when my internal clock say's I should be prepping for smelt dipping... but here we are.

Offline Jeffrey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2018, 06:48 PM »
I saw a pick up truck on the ice there today.
The only thing we learn from history is that, we don't learn from
History! 🇺🇸

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.