New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: People have to be smarter  (Read 1973 times)

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
People have to be smarter
« on: Mar 09, 2023, 02:42 PM »
Far to many this winter

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: People have to be smarter
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2023, 02:52 PM »
Poor soul, came out of Timberwolf Pub late at night, traveling via snowmobile to his camp on the east shore, got disoriented in the heavy snowstorm, drove right into the mouth of the river, extreme north end.  Body recovered 8am Sat morning.  Not the first time it's happened up there, with the same tragic results.
Tony

Offline hangemhigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2023, 07:58 AM »
Sounds like contrary to some peoples popular belief drinking and using motored vehicles don't mix....go figure....

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2023, 12:27 PM »
Sounds like contrary to some peoples popular belief drinking and using motored vehicles don't mix....go figure....
Drunk or sober whiteout snow conditions and no gps or navigation compass don’t mix either

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2023, 12:37 PM »
Dammed shame no matter what. Gotta be an awful way to go. Wish people would just exercise a little more caution.
  I watched two sleds racing around yesterday- dangerously close to open water    OMG  !

Offline hangemhigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2023, 06:49 PM »
Dammed shame no matter what. Gotta be an awful way to go. Wish people would just exercise a little more caution.
  I watched two sleds racing around yesterday- dangerously close to open water    OMG  !

Hard to figure some people out ....  a  number of years ago I was fishing about 40-50 yards from where a creek came into a small lake - I was on about 12-15" of ice ..... some yahoo went walking by me and walked to about 5 ft of the open water ... tried to drill a hole and it went right thru in about 2-3 turns - he looked at me and said "whoa", then backed off SLIGHTLY ......... if he went in he was on his own, I wasn't risking my life to try and get him out .... for some people you really can't fix stupid.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2023, 08:21 PM »
I don't feel sorry for ****censored word****in' idiots
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2023, 08:46 PM »
That's a classy thing to say . .  Guy lost his life and your calling him a "censored," idiot . . Real classy

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2023, 09:53 PM »
Absolutely agree his family is probably suffering and that's a lousy statement

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.