New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: walleye challenge  (Read 4657 times)

Offline Iceman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: walleye challenge
« Reply #30 on: Mar 01, 2018, 03:05 PM »
we fished along the west side of the lake and north of Mayfield. We caught plenty of walleye (7" - 18"), a few perch, 2 bass and a couple of pike. We couldn't get to a location we wanted due to the pressure ridge but the spot we had was fine. Our access for this weekend is gone, blown out so looking to access the lake through Broadlabin

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2018, 08:01 AM »
You better get a new compass. What end of the lake is Northville on? I did fish Sand Island area once last year. Haven't been to the Mayfield end in at least 8/9 years. Just too long of a run for me...h2l

Me get a new compass?  Northville is in the southern part of the lake. Fulton County is south of Saratoga county. Saratoga county is the north end of the lake. The dam is in the far north part of the lake. Mayfield is in the far south of the lake. Look at a map of the lake.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 02, 2018, 11:04 AM »
For icefishing purposes he north end of the lake is Northville or batchlerville bridge area. The southern end is Scout Island, Mayfield. Very seldom do people fish north of the bridges.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 02, 2018, 12:26 PM »

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 02, 2018, 01:11 PM »
Thanks, Eddie. That may be of  help to some...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline beerbellybob106

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2018, 06:33 PM »
Me get a new compass?  Northville is in the southern part of the lake. Fulton County is south of Saratoga county. Saratoga county is the north end of the lake. The dam is in the far north part of the lake. Mayfield is in the far south of the lake. Look at a map of the lake.

By the time you go any farther north from the bridges its more of a river type system than it is a lake imo.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 05, 2018, 07:52 AM »
By the time you go any farther north from the bridges its more of a river type system than it is a lake imo.

Not on the right branch of the lake, the other side of Sinclair Point. It goes for many miles, past the Batchlorville Bridge, north to the dam. That's the area I am talking about.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 05, 2018, 07:54 AM »
For icefishing purposes he north end of the lake is Northville or batchlerville bridge area. The southern end is Scout Island, Mayfield. Very seldom do people fish north of the bridges.

I fish north of the Edinburg Launch, past Flag Pole Point, to Brooks Bay, all year round.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 05, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Thanks, Eddie. That may be of  help to some...h2l

If you look at the map, go to the Edinburg Launch area. Then north east. That is the area I have been referring to. That is the north end of the lake. That is the general area where I caught those bass.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.