The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ennis  (Read 1002 times)

Offline 31isenough

• IceShanty Rookie
Ennis
« on: Dec 06, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Has anybody checked out the ice on ennis yet?

Offline tom1234505

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ennis
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2010, 10:38 PM »
Has anybody checked out the ice on ennis yet?

Welcome to the forums 31isenough! nice to see new fellow icefishers on this site! where would this lake be that you are talking about? I've never heard of it. ???
again, welcome to the forums. you will find our community is quite helpful so if you need any help just ask! ;) :icefish:
"to succeed you must first learn to fail"

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2010, 12:36 AM »
Ennis lake is on the madison river downstream from hebgen and quake lake. It is a trout fishery.  Ennis Lake divides the upper madison from the lower madison.  I fished it a couple times last year, be careful around the bridge, there is a current and often times people fish close to open water.  I don't know how the lake is holding up this year after the problems they had with the dam.  Last year it wasn't fishable until the end of december, and even then it was a little sketchy.  Nice rainbows and browns in there, but overall i think the silos at canyon ferry have bigger and tastier fish.

Offline 31isenough

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Drove by ennis and saw ice to the bridge... Wondering if anybody had been out on it fishing jet? Thinking about trying tomorrow morning.

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2010, 11:50 AM »
if you do go be careful, and give us an update on how the fishing is

Offline 31isenough

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2010, 02:01 PM »
2 inches of solid black ice with 4 inches of cloudy ice on top. started to get pretty thin close to the bridge. It was the slowest day we've ever had up there, one brown that went 16in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.