The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Got a chance to start learning the graph today.  (Read 298 times)

Offline esoxnepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Got a chance to start learning the graph today.
« on: Jan 09, 2018, 04:46 PM »
I finally made it out on the ice today, and its the first year I have a graph/flasher.  It's a Piranha Max 4, so not designed for ice fishing.

I started out trying to find some fish in the holes, and never saw anything mark.  I'm not sure if that was how I was using it, or just how tight to the bottom they were holding after all the cold.  I gave up and sat down to jig with it.  It took my buddy jigging under it, and me tweaking the sensitivity down, for us to start seeing how really amazing it is to jig with a graph.

I left a dead stick down for a while, and watch 3 fish come right up off the bottom to the jig, and then slide right back down. 

I got to see my friend see a perch rise from the bottom, but not take his Swedish pimple, but he was able to tease it in watching the graph and provoke it.

I got to see what was probably a 12" fish sit 4' under the hole and not be willing to take anything.

It was really enlightening how different jigging was with a graph, vs going blind.

The bite was very, very soft today, but fish were caught, and many more missed.  The fish seemed to be in deeper water than where I traditionally find them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.