The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Moon lake  (Read 15449 times)

Offline digdog23

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Moon lake
« Reply #90 on: Dec 14, 2012, 09:52 AM »
Beltzville will have a fish survey completed this spring.  It will be the first such study in the past 10 years.  I am hoping they use the results to adjust their stocking program.  I believe that a group will be placing habitat and structure in the lake this spring, so that should help as well.  The structure locations should be available on FBC maps with GPS coordinates.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Dec 16, 2012, 05:11 PM »
because 90%+ of the trout they stock they see as put and take. They put them in knowing a huge majority of people will take them.

if it weren't for Erie steelies and the hand full of wild trout streams I fish I'd never buy the stamp because of their lets stock them in every ditch on the side of the road mentality. As far as I'm concerned any creek/ river that has any real numbers of wild fish SHOULD NOT be stocked. Stocking those waters just brings the "I paid for a trout stamp so I should kill every legal trout I catch" mentality out which then makes waters that could naturally support themselves become waters that have to be stocked to have fishable numbers of fish   ::) :-\
I AGREE WITH YOU ski hunter.1000 times over. the upper delaware is a perfect example. they no longer stock it but has tropy quality trout.you dont get 40 trout a day like the old days but if you know what you are doing you can catch5 or 6 trout like most pa fishermen have never caught in pa.i have releast every trout out of that river i caught in the last 8 years. its  now known for some beatiful browns but i have caught rainbows over 6 pounds.its regulations allow you 2 trout a day in the upper river or 1 a day in the lower. i think it should be catch and release.i also think the lackawaxen has  potential as good as the delaware if they regulate it right.we can catch all the stockies out of these creeks and lakes they stock if we want some to eat.i dont mean to offend the trout fishermen who love to eat trout,but they should make somemore of these specialn reg regulations.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #92 on: Dec 16, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Haven't checked. Anyone know the winter hours? Or If the park is gonna be open at all this winter here?

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #93 on: Dec 18, 2012, 01:53 PM »
I was walleye fishing the Res on the other side of 29 last week and was going to go check but figured they'd have already closed the gates by the time I got there. If I get a chance I'll take a ride over tomorrow and see if I can find anything out.
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

ICE REBEL

« Reply #94 on: Dec 18, 2012, 06:46 PM »
You're 100% CORRECT!  :roflmao:
I have a very little pond in my backyard and the fish comm. wants to stock it with these little pasty white critters... The pond is only about 3 ft deep and about 5' long by 3' wide :unsure: :whistle:

Offline digdog23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Dec 19, 2012, 08:06 AM »
Ice Rebel, tell the Fish Comm NO, you want to see your allottment of fish to go near the lehigh Valley. he he he.....

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #96 on: Dec 20, 2012, 01:42 PM »
I was walleye fishing the Res on the other side of 29 last week and was going to go check but figured they'd have already closed the gates by the time I got there. If I get a chance I'll take a ride over tomorrow and see if I can find anything out.
If ya find anything out and post it, Ski Hunter...It will be gladly appreciated.
My guess is, probably whenever a guard gets there the gate will be opened and then closed early afternoon. They definitely don't think of us fishermen/women when it comes to it That was last year's schedule for winter. That's even if it's open at all this year for winter.
Can't wait for the friggin zip-lines, climbing walls, and carnival rides out there! >:( ::)

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

ICE REBEL

« Reply #97 on: Dec 21, 2012, 04:48 PM »
I hope they have Moon open this year for ice fishin cause 2 years ago I did very well there and would definitely love to go fish it through the ice again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.