Author Topic: 20 pound walleye caught on lml??  (Read 9955 times)

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 20 pound walleye caught on lml??
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:05 PM »
blackstrap is half limits ad I don't se any problem with it at all. if it were regular limits there would be even less fish in there than there is now lmao. I don't se a problem with keeping a monster if it is going to go on your wall and not to eat it. my cousin got a 10.5 lb walleye at blackstrap this summer and he kept it but like I said its now hanging on is wall ad he will enjoy it the rest of his life.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:37 PM »
  Food for thought.... so you mount a big fish or eat it- what does that offer to the next angler, tourism, or the quality of the fishery that you just enjoyed?

And for those who buy into the huge fish no longer brood stock.... If a 14lb walleye has only 10 % success rate to hatch- every 10% of those offspring have the genes to get that big.  Not EVERY walleye has the genetic to do so.  You don't see every 6 year old whitetail being a 190 " deer.  And at walleye spawn camp at deifenbaker- they don't discard the eggs from the big fish- they go into milking tubs just like the rest of them.  A fish ALWAYS has a better chance of passing it genes when it is IN the water- not the frying pan or the wall!

As an outfitter- if I EVER see a guy with an oversize walter (over 22" on our lake slots) you better believe I call it in.  Don't care who you are- in camp or not- my fishery is my lively hood.  I know there is are guys that treat LML like it's their lively hood too- because they have the respect for it and for the quality of fishing THAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #32 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:41 PM »
Lol...nice photoshop

I thought the same, but the shadow of the fish's tail on the guy looks right... ???

But with a second look, shadow is to dark on camo, wouldn't the camo show up a little in the shadow ???
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline prairiedog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 16, 2013, 07:00 PM »
It's to bad that the 13 lber didn't get released, i hope he didn't eat it.

Offline swc21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2013, 07:19 PM »
Besides lack of enforcement, what are the reasons for not introducing slots,barbless hooks,reduced limits etc? It seems like the best way to preserve a fishery like lml or any lake in Saskatchewan for that matter. With the growing population and fishing popularity rising something needs to be done. Not to mention the declining water quality. That's another can of worms.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.