Author Topic: New from MarCum  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
New from MarCum
« on: Oct 31, 2016, 10:58 AM »
New from MarCum for this ice season.

Recon 5 and the Recon 5 Plus
]
The power of an underwater viewing system in your pocket. Small in size, but big with features, the Recon 5+ is packed with all the technology that keep MarCum® electronics the angler’s first choice. Lithium battery-powered underwater viewing system complete with a powerful camera and a screen about the size of a smartphone with up to six hours of continuous run-time. The underwater camera features a 1/3” CMOS sensor, darkwater LED or infrared lighting, a 110-degree field of view and a 50-foot cord. The camera offers three angle settings: straight down, horizontal and looking up. 5-inch flat panel, high-resolution color LCD monitor displays in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Recon 5’s on-screen display (OSD) shows battery status. Color-kill technology aids anglers fishing in stained water or in low light. In these conditions, switching from a color picture to black-and-white provides an amazingly crisp and clear image. The Recon 5+ features a built-in DVR and the ability to take a screenshot, record to an external Micro-SD Card (up to 32GB), play back video and delete footage, a charger cable, soft pack and camera sack and one-year warranty.

RT-9 Sonar GPS Combo

Experience fishing electronics the way they were meant to be. The RT-9 Combo combines sonar and GPS in one package, all bundled in a rugged tablet packed with MarCum features. The revolutionary RT-9 expandable platform allows anglers to unite ice sonar, open water sonar and underwater camera viewing for ultimate versatility and portability. Modular data ports connect MarCum's Legendary High Power Sonar & Underwater Camera, and for the first time allow anglers to simulcast real-time intel from three locations on one screen. The RT-9 Sonar GPS Combo includes the RT-9 Unit (9" Ruggedized Android Tablet w/ GPS capability), Sonar Module and RT-PP docking cradle. A modular concept allows users to build their own system with three data ports. The user can start with MarCum's Ice Sonar, then add Open Water Sonar or a Camera Module later. The user can mix and match any combination of sonar and cameras (maximum of 2 per module type).

More info....
http://www.rapala.com/marcum/marcum-new-arrivals/?id=10

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New from MarCum
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Rt-9 looks awesome. Gotta get one. Love Marcum gear. Keep em coming.
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2016, 11:48 PM »
Yeah it's cool, but I don't understand why you would want to make one hand inoperable by having a hand held sonar/camera.  Doesn't make sense to me.  ???

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2016, 06:17 PM »
I've been looking to replace a camera and this might be it. I was about to pull the trigger on a VS625SD because it's one of the few with a camera direction included on the screen. My use is more of a recon deal looking at new spots and fine tuning based on what I see. I'm plenty proficient with my sonar but to pair up the two at times can be an education.

The portability factor is a big draw for me. I expect just because it's "handheld" doesn't mean you have to hold it in your hand all the time. Won't be long before some enterprising IS person engineers a nifty, easy to make and use mount. Maybe it's as simple as modifying an existing smartphone holster so you can clip it to your sonar.

Anyway, Marcum, if you're listening: Is that internal battery easily replaceable and are replacements available? Guy like me would probably travel with a spare just to make sure it would light up when I needed it. If not, it's worth considering. Or better yet, a connection for outboard power capability like I could run off the big locator battery when I was stationary and unplug to roam around and the internal kicks in.

I know it's new and I haven't even had one in my hands (yet) and already I'm making suggestions. Just remember, you heard it here first! When you make the improvements next year you can offer me the Gen2 just for trading the Gen1 I'll buy this year.....  ;)2 :woot:

To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2016, 07:25 PM »
There are plenty of mounts available on the market for it. There are places on the back of the camera for mounting it. It's easily operable without holding it. If you think you have to hold it in your hand in order to use it, you are wrong.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2016, 07:33 PM »
There are plenty of mounts available on the market for it. There are places on the back of the camera for mounting it. It's easily operable without holding it. If you think you have to hold it in your hand in order to use it, you are wrong.

You got one of these??? I got a couple questions before I pull the trigger (ooops! too late  ;D). I guess I'll find/figure it out.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Yes I do have one.

Offline Reto

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2016, 10:54 PM »
I own the RT 9 but with the warm weather in Canada I havent been able to use it yet.  I purchased the combo pack and the camera module. Once its all in the carrying case it isnt much larger than my  Ice 55 flasher. Using it above water and playing around with it I know it will be awesome this winter. With the multiple flasher options and screen overlay capabilites it will be a ton of fun for me and the kids.

Offline SteveO27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:09 AM »
I have an old LX7 i believe is what it model is, flasher.  works great and i love it.

Offline Slitzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2017, 06:57 PM »
Looks great!!!

Offline Infidel03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2017, 12:04 PM »
I have a LX5i, love it. Looks like I NEED a Recon 5plus.

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2017, 07:16 PM »
Cool
Master Laker taker.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.