Author Topic: Panoptix and Ice Transducer useage  (Read 2026 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Panoptix and Ice Transducer useage
« on: Nov 06, 2023, 03:06 PM »
I have an EchoMap 73dv and the Panoptix PS-22 transducer. I also have the GT10 ice transducer but rarely use it. It is always conencted to my unit but I am always looking at the Down View or Forward View on my unit. I bought the GT10 before I bought the PS-22.

I am just wondering if others use their GT10 along with their Livescope transducer. 

I did search for this topic as I thought it had been brought up before. I just couldn't find it.
jbird68

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Panoptix and Ice Transducer useage
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM »
I have had Livescope since the LVS32 came out, like you I don't bother with the 10, it is just dead weight that I don't bother taking.

Offline regulator

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2023, 05:06 AM »
Does the PS22 plug directly into the unit or does it need the black box?

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2023, 10:03 AM »
Shoot me a PM if anyone is looking to sell your GT10, I may be interested.  I only fish 100ft of water once every couple years, so it's been hard to justify paying full retail for one just for deep.  I like my GT8 for my usual shallower water fishing.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2023, 04:53 PM »
Shoot me a PM if anyone is looking to sell your GT10, I may be interested.  I only fish 100ft of water once every couple years, so it's been hard to justify paying full retail for one just for deep.  I like my GT8 for my usual shallower water fishing.

I just sent you a PM.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2023, 03:57 PM »
Does the PS22 plug directly into the unit or does it need the black box?

Don't need the black box for the PS-22. But it's slower and less detailed than the Livescope.
jbird68

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2023, 09:25 PM »
I do a lot of fishing for lakers and cusk (burbot) and I find I need one of the regular ice ducers for better marking of my lure and the bottom. Even with the LVS 32 I find the gt10 and 8 give me better real time response. YMMV. It really depends on what you're fishing for and, sometimes, it's nice to reduce lugging around and managing the Livescope transducer by leaving it behind and using the gt10/8.

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2023, 10:36 AM »
I use them both plus a camera. Rather have more information than less. I fished with a flasher (LX7) and camera before Panoptix, so in part it’s what I’m familiar with.  No trouble to carry with the Garmin case.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2023, 05:47 PM »
I've had the GT10 with my LVS 32 for a couple of seasons. I just never use the GT10. I have used my PS30 that I took off of my boat and mounted on a pole through the ice and that's friggin awesome in deep water for lakers. I decided to just leave the PS30 on the boat and got a LVS62 for laker jiggin this season, can't wait to give it a good run. I couldn't see replacing my LVS32 with the 34, I know it's supposedly better, but how good do I need? I catch a lot of fish with that unit in shallower water. I might try to split screen the GT 10 with the LVS32, but the Livescope is just hard to look away from for me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.