Author Topic: Otter Cottage Seat Mod  (Read 1131 times)

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Otter Cottage Seat Mod
« on: Sep 19, 2021, 08:48 PM »
Got an Otter cottage XT the end of the season last year. Only had a chance to use it once last season and I haven’t gotten it out of the rafters yet. Was curious if anyone here has modified the seat to make it work with the pro seat. Would have been best to buy a pro version but options were very limited last year. The bench it came with was missing some of the thread inserts so they sent me a new one.  In the process of figuring out how to use one of my pro seats from my lodge in the cottage.

Offline Mean Gene

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Otter Cottage Seat Mod
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2021, 08:36 PM »
Not sure if they fit,but I know that bench can get pretty uncomfortable. I put new canvas on my wild one and wow. New shanty.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2021, 11:24 PM »
I added the Pro Xover Cottage last year.  Shorter rods only in there but I like it a lot.   Since you have the pro seat and the black plastic base the seat sits on already all you should need is the cross rail, rail brackets and a couple of end caps.  Looks like the rail and caps are available on Otter's website under replacement shelter parts.  Might want to email or call them about the brackets.  Previously I fished off of a Magnum Pro sled with the seat rail and pro seat without the canvas.  It was easy to add the seating and quite comfortable. Good luck

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2021, 08:31 PM »
I added the Pro Xover Cottage last year.  Shorter rods only in there but I like it a lot.   Since you have the pro seat and the black plastic base the seat sits on already all you should need is the cross rail, rail brackets and a couple of end caps.  Looks like the rail and caps are available on Otter's website under replacement shelter parts.  Might want to email or call them about the brackets.  Previously I fished off of a Magnum Pro sled with the seat rail and pro seat without the canvas.  It was easy to add the seating and quite comfortable. Good luck

I about bought one from a guy that put the crosslink in. He said the seat is lower since the sleds are so much different. I have friends with the pro version and they don’t like the seat positioning in theirs and after I sat in it I agree. I want to figure something out so I can put my sidekick and caddy next to me. And have them be fairly secure. I have been using my lodge as a one man for a long time, used to go quite a bit and have a buddy with me but it seems like they all have their own shacks. Trick my trap on the book of faces has some good stuff, I’ll post pics whenever I get mine done.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.