Author Topic: My Pike through the Ice  (Read 3540 times)

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I caught you a delicious pike
My Pike through the Ice
« on: Dec 31, 2004, 06:54 PM »
This is a pike i caught last year  15 lbs pretty fun to hoist er through the hole. and yeah, im young! (disregard the date: 94' my camera wasnt functioning properly.)

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

grumpymoe

Re: My Pike through the Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2004, 07:14 PM »
MikePro....er...Mikepi ke....welcome to Iceshanty.com    Awesome!!!!!! are you sure about the weight of that slobbo northern????   looks much bigger than that.....tell us more...what were you using....how long did it take you to get it in.....give everyone the whole story.....Grump 8) 8)

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2004, 07:31 PM »
thank you grump :). the scale i used was old so maybe it was heavier. what i caught it on and what i always catch my big pike on: a large treble with a 7-8" smelt tipped for bait. I was fishing in only about 3 feet of water, considering there was about 4 feet of ice! (it was in march, prime pike time for my pike spot). it took around a minute to haul er in, when i fighting it, i was thinking:Wow, this seems a bit heftier than the usual pike! ;D and when he was flopping on the ice  ::) i was pretty excited. my dad has been fishing in this particular spot for around 10 years. he has caught his share of 20+pounders in this spot (I'm not lying either :D) This was my first year fishing at this spot and really enjoyed it. 

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

Offline flagrunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2004, 07:41 PM »
Im with you Grump that pike sure looks heavier to me.Mike very nice fish,how long was it.

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2004, 09:33 PM »
why cant i see the picture anymore?! ???

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2005, 09:34 AM »
20+ pound pike....

Offline StrikeMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont be a GoatBoy!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Thats a MONSTROSITY!!!

Jay

PA Goatboys
Those Mason-Dixon boys aint got nothin on the PA GOATBOYS!!!

Offline goneicefishin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • bring on the ice
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2005, 05:30 PM »
much bigger than 15#  look at the beer belly on that thing
jared

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2005, 10:12 PM »
Hey MikePike!!! If that fish was only 15 pounds then you must be on 3 feet tall :o :o :o!!!!  That HAS to be bigger than 15!!!!  Great fish.  And I agree with Grump, tell us the whole story.  Start at breakfast and work your way to when the pic was taken!!!

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2005, 10:24 PM »
thank you grump :). the scale i used was old so maybe it was heavier. what i caught it on and what i always catch my big pike on: a large treble with a 7-8" smelt tipped for bait. I was fishing in only about 3 feet of water, considering there was about 4 feet of ice! (it was in march, prime pike time for my pike spot). it took around a minute to haul er in, when i fighting it, i was thinking:Wow, this seems a bit heftier than the usual pike! ;D and when he was flopping on the ice  ::) i was pretty excited. my dad has been fishing in this particular spot for around 10 years. he has caught his share of 20+pounders in this spot (I'm not lying either :D) This was my first year fishing at this spot and really enjoyed it. 
there you go icy mike  ;D

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2005, 10:47 PM »
 I jus get the stupid red X.....I wanna see this slob of a northern  >:(
Jason

Offline scavanau

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2005, 03:40 AM »
You mean theres a fishermans scale that potentially reads UNDER the actual weight???
Sure it wasn't registering kilo's?

Offline Hookset

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't eat the yellow snow!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2005, 10:07 AM »
That thing was 16 lbs two years before this photo was taken.  Looks like a solid 20. What a hog!
We don't own nature, nature owns us.

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I think this was a #15

The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline Tip-Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Looks like a 15 to me.

Congrats.  :thumbsup:  Bet you were excited to see that head coming up the hole!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.