Author Topic: Pine Coulee  (Read 2840 times)

Offline skapper

• IceShanty Rookie
Pine Coulee
« on: Jan 27, 2020, 12:46 PM »
Hi Has anyone fished Pine Coulee lately, and where would you suggest ice fishing for walleye on the lake?

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pine Coulee
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2020, 01:42 PM »
After last yr and 3 times skunked I boy cott PCR this winter.   Walleye fishn has been tough the last two yrs, but that being said if I were to try again I would focus on the far south end by the spillway.  It is usually around 20 FOW and should hold some fish.

Good luck ice should be close to 2 ft. but don't know if the boat launch is open to allow driving on.  The south end you will walk on but not very far.

SHOTGUN

Offline skapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2020, 11:17 PM »
Thanks shotgun. I'll let you know how I make out.

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2020, 11:42 AM »
Well Scapper,  did you get down to Pine Coulee?

If you went to the boat launch were you able to drive onto the ice?  How was the south end by the spill way?

Curious minds would like to know.

SHOTGUN

Offline jjolg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2020, 12:52 PM »
I was out early Jan and the gate at the launch was open, i still hoofed it but ice was about 12-13 inches back before the 10 days of very cold weather... Didnt have no action in the 6 hours i was there

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2020, 11:01 AM »
Thanks.

That sounds like the pine coulee ice fishing I went through last season.  Guess I'll just keep my auger away from there this winter.

SHOTGUN

Offline skapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2020, 08:06 PM »
Hi Shotgun sorry never got back to you. Didn't make it to pine coulee  it was a crappy day. Did go in August and caught a few small walleye by the bridge trolling.  Talked to a guy there who told me they are letting the the walleye die out. Apparently a spawning problem there. They are turning it into a trout lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.