Author Topic: Deschambault  (Read 3628 times)

DidYouSeeThat?

Deschambault
« on: Feb 13, 2007, 07:52 PM »
Went up to Deschambault Feb 2nd to the 5th, very cold, fishing was rather slow.

pcsminer

Re: Deschambault
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2007, 10:08 PM »
where were you fishing??? and how was the ice...lots of ridges or not???

DidYouSeeThat?

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2007, 10:23 PM »
We went to Willows Island, fished around the little Island close to Bloomfields and Red Rock close to the resort. I wouldn't trust the ice up there, we ran into water in the middle of the lake cutting across from Limestone point to Willows, slush around the edges as well. First time ever fishing there i was dissapointed in the clarity of the water too.

pcsminer

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2007, 10:50 PM »
This is just a tip for people who want to catch walleye here.during febuary break the best places to fish are the creek or river inlets. you don't have to be right in the river but near it because they are starting to spawn.

Offline T-Bore

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2007, 11:34 AM »
If guys are at interested I would say head futher up highway 135. I have caught over 15 walleye for about 4 hours of fishing a day. It has been the best icefishing season I have ever had. Also caught the limit of lakers(average size of 7pounds) in 2hours in 20 feet of water believe it or not. Nothing too big but still fun time. I hope to post pics very soon once i get back home.
"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish".

Offline jonny

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I am in Pil Country
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2007, 04:52 PM »
T-Bore, What is that you are talking about?

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2007, 05:18 PM »
Where again was that!  Sounds interesting!  Just the lake name would do, could figure out other details!

Offline ice man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2007, 06:01 PM »
If guys are at interested I would say head futher up highway 135. I have caught over 15 walleye for about 4 hours of fishing a day. It has been the best icefishing season I have ever had. Also caught the limit of lakers(average size of 7pounds) in 2hours in 20 feet of water believe it or not. Nothing too big but still fun time. I hope to post pics very soon once i get back home.
There aren't lakers in Deshambeault?

Offline T-Bore

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2007, 08:14 PM »
There aren't lakers in Deshambeault?
Never said I caught the lakers in deshambeault. Churchill river is where i have been catching. Directly in front of sandy bay. For lakers i went to Flanagan lake. You can only get there by skidoo about 40mintues ride from sandy bay. I have fished many other surrounding lakes out here with great success as well. As for the names of the lakes, well i have no clue except for chicken lake which is also reached by skidoo
"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish".

DidYouSeeThat?

« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2007, 08:21 PM »
Chicken Lake?....................so unds risky to me, if i drive by it in the summer i'll wet a line

Offline T-Bore

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2007, 08:34 PM »
i don't think there is a road going to chicken lake. Skidoo and boats only i think but i could be wrong.

Offline SK Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2007, 08:43 PM »
There is a Chiken Lake, which is connected to Chekuhikun Lake, which is accessible to Highway 135 close to the end of the road.  I think the access point is about 20 km south of Sandy Bay.  The pickerel fishing there is simply unbeleivable, but very hard to get to.  Most pickerel are well under 2 lbs. but still lots of fun.  The best spot is near the falls into Kipahigan Lake - but once again a long way away and I would think a very dangerous skidoo ride in the winter.

Offline PowerBaitron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2007, 10:45 PM »
SK Fisher where do you live and when were you in Sandy Bay. I am up there right now working for Feds. Have you ever fished Negan Moise or Belcher? TBORE is one of the most pimped fisherman up in these parts.

Offline SK Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2007, 02:58 PM »
I am in Saskatoon and have not been up to Sandy in a few years now.  I think we may take a trip this spring though, if so I will certainly keep you posted.  I have not been to those other lakes posted above.

Offline kevinharrison

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 26, 2007, 02:22 PM »
heading up to Deschambault this weekend, just wondering if anyone was out this past weekend or the one before. Just wondering how the fishing was and the ice?

Was at the north end of Last Mountain this past weekend. Tip ups were hit 5 times with nothing landed. Only seen 2 Pike, 1 Perch, and 3 Tulibee the whole time on the camera. Pretty slow.

pcsminer

« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2007, 09:43 PM »
From what I have heard guys saying the ice isn't safe in places. So use caution.

DidYouSeeThat?

« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Anyone been to Deschambault in the last month?

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2007, 03:58 PM »
This past weekend my dad was there and still need slides to get on but the fishing was good.  Still lots of snow and the ice was still in good shape

Offline kevinharrison

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2007, 04:39 PM »
i was there on Mar 3rd weekend. Sleds were a must, but the ice wasn't as bad as people said it was. Only came across one slushy spot. Now though things will alot different with the latest warm weather.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.