Author Topic: Vex upgrade  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Vex upgrade
« on: Oct 04, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Late last season I bought an FL-8SE ($279.00) I used it about 10 times or so, it is still in excellent condition with the box and manual. I will be upgrading to an FL-18 and am going to sell the FL-8. Just wondering what a good price would be to ask for the FL-8? Where to sell it also here or Ebay??

Thanks, Robb :tipup:

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
Re: Vex upgrade
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Its against Site Policy to sell it here.                         Ron
Bobberstop

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Robb, I think you will probably get about $200 or a little more for it on e-bay. I not sure where Mac got those numbers, but from what I've seen that is the typical price for an SE. The last one I saw got $202.50 for an FL8-SE and it was a genz pack. That price was before his shipping fees.
There's only one used FL-8 SE's on e-bay right now, so you will get a bunch of looks if you put it on shortly. I did see a few SLT's on there also. Just put a reserve of $200 on it. If it hits that, you get your reserve price fee back(I think it's $2.00).
Ken                                          

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Ebay is a great place to sell Vex's. Before i splurged and bought a new one I spent last season looking for a good price on one and I was always outbid. It always went for more then I was willing to pay for a used unit.

good thing for a seller...not so good for a buyer like me

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2005, 06:20 AM »
Thanks for all the replies! It is a Genz pack also, a reserve of around $200 sounds like a plan and Mac you're right I'll wait till the end of Nov. to put it up for sale.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2005, 07:07 AM »
Last year I sold an FL8-SE pro pack dual ducer that was 2 years old for $220.00 shipped.  You may get a little less for the Genz pack than a Pro pack. 
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2005, 09:16 AM »
Robb   a reserve at $200 may be high.  You may get over $200 for it, but by placing a reserve that high you are going to scare off bidders like myself. I like to think I may get a deal when searching ebay and a high starting bid makes me keep looking, even though in the end i may have been willing to pay over and above $200 for it...just a thought

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Robb   a reserve at $200 may be high.  You may get over $200 for it, but by placing a reserve that high you are going to scare off bidders like myself. I like to think I may get a deal when searching ebay and a high starting bid makes me keep looking, even though in the end i may have been willing to pay over and above $200 for it...just a thought

The reserve price isn't the starting price. He can start it at $9.99 if he wants(that's what I would do). It will just keep saying "reserve not met" until someone finally bids over $200.
Ken                                          

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2005, 02:25 PM »
No I understand that, I do a lot of buying an selling on Ebay. I quess I could have worded it better but what I was trying to say was that reserves and high starting bids tend to put off some buyers. Open auctions are the best way. And with a product like a vex you are guarenteed your money out of it. Just my advice

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2005, 07:59 PM »
i would say buy the 18 and if you can waite till there is ice then ebay the 8 when guys really want one bad you will get more for it

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2005, 09:28 PM »
I'de have to agree, wait until the ice is on.  I remember seeing someone bid $50 over retail on a FL8 genz pack by last year and I don't know how many times I seen the high bid so close to the retail price that the shipping would put them over retail.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2005, 10:16 AM »
Robb you might try to sell your vex on the ice team site. I don't think they have a policy against one person selling another his used equipment
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

billybono

« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2005, 12:47 PM »
if possible wait to sell. the ebay price will go way up on them mid ice season. they were getting real good money for them last year.even really old ray jefferson units and lorance green box units were going for crazy cash imho. i lucked out and bought a fl8se gentz pack for 140 of a local bait shop owner. his year i think im going to splurge on an ice machine  ;D ;D ;D ;D

billybono

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2005, 07:59 AM »
I'll probably wait till Dec sometime. Ebay is probably the best.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.