Author Topic: Ray Jefferson Fish Eye  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Tipdown

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Ray Jefferson Fish Eye
« on: Jan 27, 2005, 11:16 PM »
I am looking for a transducer for an old Ray Jefferson Fish Eye Model 120. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement transducer for this 1970's fish finder?

maranell

Re: Ray Jefferson Fish Eye
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Hey tipdown

I saw a whole set on ebay you could try. I also have a old ray jefferson flasher just the flasher. Never tried it was wondering how well it works. Is it worth putting money into?
Thanks
Austin

Offline Tipdown

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Hey Austin,
It is a bit of an old unit but they worked just fine. You may find that the newer models are more sensitive. That's why I am trying to get a new transducer for mine, just to see how well it will work compared to the newer models. I checked out the Ebay item and it is just as it was when I got mine, way back when. I don't really need the whole lot, just the transducer. I will watch that auction and see what it goes for but I'm not so sure I'm willing to meet his reserve for such a "collectable antique"  :-\ Good luck and give yours a try if you have all of the parts. tipdown

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Hey tipdown, I just looked on ebay and they have a fish eye 120 listed. Original box,head unit, instruction book,and transducer with suction cup. The bid on it is $9.99 at this time and the shipping is $10.00. Don't know if you want to spend that much.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Tipdown

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2005, 10:20 PM »
Thanks Icedawg, I checked it out but did you notice it is a reserve auction? $9.99 is the opening bid but we don't know what the reserve price is. You just keep bidding on it until the reserve price is met and once the reserve is met THEN you will actually get the item that you have been bidding on provided you are the highest bidder in the auction, plus the $10 shipping. If I could buy a new transducer for this thing for $20 bucks I would do it in a heart beat but alas it is not so simple. But like I said in my responce to Austin, "I will watch the auction" and see what it ultimately sells for.  ???

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2005, 08:59 AM »
Tipdown, I have bought a couple  items from ebay in the last week. Got good deals on everything. I used to have a RJ 120 years ago and it hit the trash. If I still had it you could have it for the cost of shipping. It's too bad it has a reserve. I really don't think it would sell for much otherwise. I hope you find one and I'll keep my eyes open around here.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.