The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Some people are clueless!  (Read 12333 times)

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Re: Some people are clueless!
« Reply #90 on: Jan 24, 2022, 02:27 PM »
this^^^^^

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #91 on: Jan 24, 2022, 02:52 PM »
Can I still dream about moving there from this diversified golden anus town?   ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #92 on: Jan 24, 2022, 03:04 PM »
I too am a smoker but always have a container for all my butts.  Hate seeing trash on the lakes and woods.  Always carry a spare bag to pick up any trash left behind by others.  You’d be surprise how much crap I collect in a year from others leaving bait containers, beverage bottles and cans and fishing line behind.  So sad :(

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #93 on: Jan 24, 2022, 04:36 PM »
Huh...Butte has some of the best people in MT. Out of staters are def more inclined to liter and be as lazy as possible when hunting here. Just because you have a sxs or a 4wheeler doesn't mean you get to take it everywhere.

Offline MT_BINX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Jan 24, 2022, 04:50 PM »
sounds like more and more people need to go to a dispensary and get some mellow out flower and chill the F OUT! Yes there has been an influx of out of state people...however most of them seem to be more open to helping protect our land then not. Maybe if all you run into is "bad ones" maybe you should look in a mirror at the common denominator....
Its called PUBLIC land.... don't get mad if someone else is fishing there.

“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Jan 24, 2022, 05:43 PM »
I recall exactly why I chose to move to Montana 26 years ago. I can’t remember a thing about my choice to be born in Minnesota.
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #96 on: Jan 24, 2022, 06:15 PM »
It really is amazing how people think more people and finite resources make everything better 😹😹😹😹😹

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Jan 26, 2022, 05:28 PM »
Huh...Butte has some of the best people in MT. Out of staters are def more inclined to liter and be as lazy as possible when hunting here. Just because you have a sxs or a 4wheeler doesn't mean you get to take it everywhere.

Yes it does

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Jan 26, 2022, 05:29 PM »
sounds like more and more people need to go to a dispensary and get some mellow out flower and chill the F OUT! Yes there has been an influx of out of state people...however most of them seem to be more open to helping protect our land then not. Maybe if all you run into is "bad ones" maybe you should look in a mirror at the common denominator....

Most out of staters buy a little land and think they own everything around it and can lock gates on county roads.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Jan 26, 2022, 06:24 PM »
I doubt if "most" out of staters put locked gates across public roads!  Sounds to me like your feelings got hurt when someone came in from out of state and bought up the land you "use" to hunt!  And I'm pretty sure if I go on-line and buy an elk tag, mule deer tag or any other hunting license, that I will be able to influence how the laws are passed.  I can understand some of you have legit concerns but some of you guys are throwing chi _ against the wall and are expecting it to stick, just to talk.  Nothing, Nothing, Nothing will work to cut back on people littering better than education and enforcement of the current laws.  I highly doubt the majority of the litter comes from fisherman and hunters.  Yes, I find it all the time too and pick it up when I do.  But I think more litter comes from people throwing stuff out of the window, while driving down the road, then gets thrown out by sportsman.    I agree that any litter is too much.  But sitting on here talking about it won't change a dang thing!  Especially, if you don't know what you're talking about!  So if you want to make a difference start doing some of what I suggested above.  Or don't and continue to complain.  At least I know when I complain, I'm doing my best to enact change.  Can some of you say the same?

Nope, not the case, actually happened, more than one time, in different places, found out it's illegal to lock gates on county roads and old stage coach roads, not that my feelings got hurt that they bought up land I used, just used the road to access other land, highly illegal to do that. Don't really care that they buy land, but need to realize that they don't own everything around it.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Jan 26, 2022, 06:33 PM »
Yep, they do, that's how we found out about what can be shut down, but if they own a bunch of land that's intermingled with state land, they can't lock you out of state land either.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #101 on: Jan 26, 2022, 06:38 PM »
Boils down to one issue that covers a lot of areas....lack of respect for anyone or anything.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:17 PM »
Boils down to one issue that covers a lot of areas....lack of respect for anyone or anything.

Yep, pretty much.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:23 PM »
I do know that before the interstate compact for wildlife violations a lot of put of staters would come do whatever they pleased, cause of they got caught, they'd just go to another state, had a lot of them tell me that.

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:23 PM »
I’m a firm believer that people can’t be shamed anymore. The amount of blatant disrespect in the last 5 years is really something. It’s beyond sad. I’m grateful for the parents I had!

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:27 PM »
I’m a firm believer that people can’t be shamed anymore. The amount of blatant disrespect in the last 5 years is really something. It’s beyond sad. I’m grateful for the parents I had!

X2

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:32 PM »
X3!!!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #107 on: Jan 27, 2022, 12:39 AM »
I’m a firm believer that people can’t be shamed anymore.

Absolutely true... The things people do that they should be embarrassed by but aren't even phased by grows longer every day....

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #108 on: Jan 27, 2022, 07:49 AM »
Absolutely true... The things people do that they should be embarrassed by but aren't even phased by grows longer every day....

Dumbing down and blunted feelings from continual social media it's all about me-me-me- posts, IMO.

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #109 on: Jan 27, 2022, 08:00 AM »
Dumbing down and blunted feelings from continual social media it's all about me-me-me- posts, IMO.

Exactly! And they don’t care at all😉

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Jan 29, 2022, 10:06 AM »
Maybe she woulda become the kind of 28 year old that doesn't still live at home? 🤷‍♂️

JFC... my parents never pulled any psychotic crap like that on me, and I moved out at 18, bought a house at 23, and paid it off at 36.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #111 on: Jan 29, 2022, 10:23 AM »
My dad was very stern.i screwed up i knew it for sure.wont get into details but i moved out at 18.my daughter has no intentions to live with us until 28 and she never had a hand laid on her.no way is my kid living with us that long.get out and be a good self sustaining, contributor to society.not says your kid isn't contributing to society snitch#8 at all.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #112 on: Jan 29, 2022, 10:34 AM »
My Dad had me get out and get my first job after school when I was 14 yo. Rode my bike daily after school down to a local restaurant owned by one of his friends, bussing tables and dishes. Made .80 an hour. My first paycheck, I'll never forget, was $14. I was rich!!! If I screwed off and got in trouble, it was the clothes brush to the butt. Really bad, and out came the dreaded belt..... :pinch:   I always heard as soon as I graduated and turned 18, I was out on my own. And I was. *BOOT*  Learned to work for what I wanted, and along the way, respect for other people. Ya can't give people that; you earn it.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Jan 29, 2022, 11:16 AM »
My dad was very strict also.  I felt a little picked on when I was young, compared to some of my friends.  I moved out at 17 just after high school.  A little later in life I realized he did me a favor.  He helped me be prepared to make my way in the world.

Offline Worktoplay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Feb 06, 2022, 09:04 AM »
I remember my dad telling me when I was 16 your old enough to get a job go to work no more hand outs thanks to this and my mother telling me if you want something buy it your self with Your money ! My uncle would take me hunting/fishing we would each have a trash bag and fill it. No one spared the corrective action of a spanking.Mom would get mad just look at us kids and say I brought you into this world I sure n the hell take you outta it too !

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #115 on: Feb 06, 2022, 09:19 AM »
Ah ya....the dreaded " just wait until yer Father gets home!"  :woot:

Offline B bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #116 on: Feb 08, 2022, 02:30 PM »
Just got back from rock creek.  22 out of state plates in the lot (I counted) compared to 4 MT plates.  Looked pretty clean.  But it was BUSY!!!!!!

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #117 on: Feb 08, 2022, 02:55 PM »
26 vehicles in a lot to go strip some  streamers, nymphs or b***h cricks on a TUESDAY!? 22 out of state? Lord help us!

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Feb 08, 2022, 03:55 PM »
Rock Creek, as in the stream? Or Rock Creek, as in the Fort Peck access?

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Feb 08, 2022, 04:33 PM »
Oh, my bad ..he is most certainly is talking about Ft. Peck....Being 550 miles away from Peck. I always see it as some mystical  place where monster fish are caught. it might as well be in my dreams. I hope to get there someday. possibly in open water season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.