Author Topic: glow jig light  (Read 7373 times)

Offline d3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pay attention as the kids are always watching
glow jig light
« on: Mar 07, 2008, 01:52 PM »
I have heard about these little pocket type lights that are specifically used to make jigs glow.  Does anybody know where I can get them.

D3

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: glow jig light
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2008, 03:51 PM »
No, but I was wondering the same thing.....
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2008, 09:54 PM »
I use my lantern or my headlight very bright

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2008, 03:57 AM »
They have usually have them all over around here. I will try & pick up a few & I'll send them to ya if you like. If ya don't, well then I'll save one to replace mine, when it dies, & give the others away for stocking stuffers/gifts. I keep mine with a nailclipper & a hemostat hooked to it. The hemostat I use to clip the whole works to my jacket,next to my depth bomb, so they are all handy/in reach.
:)
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Offline lexman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2008, 01:19 PM »
I have heard about these little pocket type lights that are specifically used to make jigs glow.  Does anybody know where I can get them.

D3
dicks or gander mt.have them

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2008, 01:51 PM »
Thanks, They should be on sale now.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline perchman4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2008, 02:11 PM »
you can go to about any sporting goods store or even walmart.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2008, 04:19 PM »
All they are is a single LED light.  They make them in all kinds of key chain configurations.  Some have colored lenses or bulbs.  Even the dolar store sometimes has them.

Offline ahester14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2008, 12:38 PM »
I have a Genz stick jigging pole that came with a little plastic LED light assembly that mounts to the handle of the pole..Ive seen them with combo deals but never just the light

Offline d3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2008, 09:02 PM »
Mn sportsman I just sent you a pm thank you.

D3

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2008, 10:19 AM »
They are just a single bulb led light, if you buy a flashlight with more led's in it, it will work the same. and most led flashlights are cheaper and so are the replacement batteries. Also less likely to missplace it.
http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2008, 02:05 PM »
My genz rod came with one, and I also bought one from bass pro. Gander mt. and my local bait shop carries 'em too

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Post above deleted/removed.

d3 & JC, You have them on the way, care of USPS. Should be there in a day or 2. Hopefully you can use them this weekend. ;)

GO FIsh!
:D
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Good lord willing and the creek don't rise.... Thanks MN! hope your trip went well

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 12, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Just a note d3 & JC, I didn't think of it untill after I put them in their packaging... I hope they don't get Pressed on while in route. I checked them & they were fine before I put them in the packages.
Hopefully they won't get activated while "enroute".

Trip was fishin', not so much catching. Both gil54p & Clayt had vex's & marked the fish, but we threw an arsenal at them & gil54p was the only one to hook up with 2 6-7" crappies.. they went back.Even changed spots & fished 2 different lakes. Drilled about 50-60 holes in 4 hours. They were marking the fish, but the fish weren't hungry enough, i'm Thinkin. BTW, I was using glo jigs(tear drops & gem-n-eyes) & I was the only one to have the strikes, but missed... ;)  Bad MN, bad MN, but GOtta go again. ;)

Great trip, going back towards the end of March.
:)

PS Let me know when ya get the lites.
Thnx...

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2008, 04:02 PM »
I'll PM you when it gets here. Thanks again it was nice talking to you the other night.
 Search Abanakee and see some pix of our Father & Daughter trip.

Offline d3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2008, 05:42 PM »
MN thank you very much I greatly appreciate it.  Sorry to hear you did not get into the fish real hard but I know you had a goodtime as that is just the kind of guy you are.  Gotta run talk at you later

D3

Offline UpstateNYiceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fear no fish....
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2008, 07:51 PM »

D3
Basically any white LED lite will do.  The keychain type can be found in any convenient store.  What I find works even better is a small flash unit from a 35mm camera.  It fits in my pocket easily and absolutely supercharges the jigs.  LED's don't even come close to how bright a camera flash makes a jig glow.  You can usually find a small flash in Walmart.  Vivitar makes one-it's about $14.00.  You can look in a camera shop or garage sale too for a used one-it doesn't have to be for any specific camera.

Simply turn the flash on, hold the jig in the palm of one hand and fire the flash into your palm using the "test" button.  If you know how strong a camera flash is from 10 ft, imagine the power from 1 inch!!!

I was fishing around dusk one day when I was approached by someone who was fishing a couple hundred yards off wondering what the periodic flash every few minutes was.  I showed him what I was doing and the difference it makes.  This really helps with the jigs that are a little more difficult to charge, like the Rapalas in glow/fire tiger.  Genz bugs and Genz worms look like they're going to melt they're so bright.  Try it out.

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while..."

Offline randeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2008, 04:35 PM »

D3
I have tried every lite they make and i purchased a light called lure lightning at the sports show.Because the guy showed me how it works on any color.Blue is the hardest to light but not for his light.And it fits on my vexilar, my fishing bud got one for his marcum also.Best light ive used just got back from the woods and blue glow spoon kills.

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2008, 09:13 AM »
I saw that light randeye, It looks like a grreat idea..
:D
But i'm gonna keep using what I have now since it's been working well enough..

Offline nygoosehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Apr 07, 2008, 07:19 AM »
Cabelas

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Apr 07, 2008, 05:21 PM »
local bait shop

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #22 on: Oct 26, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Love the Lure Lightining.    see it or order one at http://www.lurelightning.com/index1.html

Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Oct 26, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Thanks, They should be on sale now.

They are out all year. These are the ones I use:
http://www.northlandtackle.com/Category/main.taf?cat=197

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Oct 27, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Have a new one coming from yourbobbersdown. Little Atom makes a 12 LED that uses 3 AAA batteries but still fairly small. Got fed up with the little ones and flashlights. Thing is supposed to be very powerful, we'll see.

Offline Phisherphil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Oct 27, 2008, 09:25 PM »
That atomic light from Little-Atom is the best light I've seen.  It is way better than any other white or blue style lights.  It is a BLACK LIGHT or UV (ultra violet)  and it makes the Atomic Nuggies glow RED, Blue, Purple like no other.

Try it!

Offline poot_818

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Oct 27, 2008, 09:37 PM »
i picked one up from dunhams sports store in the mall in yankton and i clipped it onto my scissor/needle nose combo that is made by rapala and one time i was lighting a jig i dropped it and into the hole it went and i was waiting for it to sink and it never did so i picked it up held it above my mr buddy heater for a little while and TOO THIS DAY it works no problem! its made my HT...was only a couple bucks....

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 08, 2008, 08:50 AM »
Little Atom Atomic Light arrived the other day - WOW, this is the light to have without a doubt. Tested it vs a generic HT. No comparison, Atomic light kept the same bait lit at least twice as long and initially much brighter. Worth every penny. Even tested it on some new Gulp Glow tip bits, stuff was still glowing 45 mins later, crappie going to pay a heavy price this winter. Curios to see what it's going to do on some of the Maynards 8hr glow baits after they arrive.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.