New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Saratoga Lake  (Read 2234 times)

Offline nanau_beznez

• IceShanty Rookie
Saratoga Lake
« on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:21 PM »
Anybody fishing Saratoga Lake? I’m planning a trip to Saratoga Springs for President’s Day weekend, and I’m wondering if an Airbnb on Saratoga Lake is worthwhile? Alternatively, I could save money by staying somewhere away from the lake and day trip to another nearby pond or lake. Any thoughts or opinions regarding ice fishing Saratoga Lake and surrounding area would be appreciated.  :tipup:

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Saratoga Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2020, 06:49 AM »
Go to New York Conditions and Reports for updates. Look for Saratoga Lake and all the info's there.
      Kim :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2020, 07:53 AM »
Your better off checking out the saratoga BS thread for reports. But I'll help you out since no one else will lol. You might be able to find a air BnB close to the lake if not on it. Might as well spend the money and enjoy being right there. Also for access there is a few easy public access points the easiest being the south end of the lake of of brown beach which has a huge parking lot. North end easy access there is 3. Fitch road which make sure you park your car completely off pavement. State launch make sure you pay to park. There is another spot down cresent ave that's a park but only fished there once not really sure the quality out there... whole lake is great for perch eyes and giant gills and crappie. Your going to have to move around alot you'll pick up fish here and there most likely quality fish but will have to work for them. My advise WALLLLK. Get away from the crowd 80 percent of the people that fish that lake dont know how to and just see people and set up and park there butts for the day might end up with 2 fish and say the lake sucks... I can personally tell you it's can be one of the finer fisheries in the area.
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2020, 06:56 PM »
I fished the southern end off Brown`s beach 350 yards off shore on 1/8. 17-19 FOW. Managed 1 19" walleye and 15 big perch on tip-up`s using cup bait. Fun day.
Master Laker taker.

Offline nanau_beznez

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2020, 07:26 AM »
Thanks piscesman, iceneck9292, and reddog11 for the info. It is much appreciated. Anybody know where the nearest bait shop to Daratoga Lake is located?

Offline Iceman12020

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2020, 09:46 AM »
Depends where you're coming from but probably Wiggly Worm in Ballston Lake.  I thought I recall someone saying lake lonely marina has bait but you better call first.  Never understood why there isn't a bait shop right on Saratoga Lake.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2020, 09:55 AM »
There was a bait shop in the Stewart’s plaza, next to the launch. They moved out to Schuylerville, on route 29.

Saratoga Bait & Tackle if you’re coming from that way

Offline Lundpredator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2020, 01:44 PM »
Can you launch a snowmobile from browns beach?  I know you can't at boat launch.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2020, 05:54 AM »
Depends where you're coming from but probably Wiggly Worm in Ballston Lake.  I thought I recall someone saying lake lonely marina has bait but you better call first.  Never understood why there isn't a bait shop right on Saratoga Lake.

Im pretty sure Stewarts owns that little plaza on the lake. Reason Saratoga Tackle left is they kept raising the rent on them. I think that spot is still available to rent too which serves them right for being greedy pricks.

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2020, 08:13 PM »
Deff

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2020, 10:55 AM »
A place like the bait store had a longer term lease.  Typical of a lease, when its time to renew, the price gets jacked up, particularly if the landlord thinks it would be a pain for you to move.  The Stewarts down by Brown's had a hardware store for a few years, and when they vacated they were several years finding a new tenant.  Make it your way.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.