New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: A day on the dead sea  (Read 1456 times)

Offline pryz366

• IceShanty Rookie
A day on the dead sea
« on: Dec 29, 2007, 05:53 PM »
Went to the great sacandaga today. was there 12 hours no bites or a single flag. at least the shanty had her maiden voyage. and the beer and venison was good.

Offline Booker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release
Re: A day on the dead sea
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2007, 05:58 PM »
My son and three other guys went there this after noon and fished until they couldn't see the flags any more. No fish..........No flags.   I went there last week end for about three hours and we caught 3 eyes at dusk. Haven't had any eyes since last winter and boy did there ever taste good

Offline pryz366

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2007, 06:19 PM »
we arent in a very good spot we usually pull out a few fish every year and 1 good fish. but we arent where we want to fish access is the problem. were we are now we have plowed parking and a easy walk to the shanty. but we arent where we would like to be fishing

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2007, 06:57 PM »
fished yesterday 3 guys 15 tip-ups out in front of sport island pub. 1 walleye 20" at 8:am & 1 after dark around 15.5 inches. i was jigging all day and had a couple of lookers but no takers. there were 12 other guys around us but i did not see much action. there was around 9" inchs of ice where we were with snow mobiles running around. walt

Offline Oilcan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2008, 01:50 PM »
I've never fished the reservoir but would not mind trying. Where is there public access if you were coming in around Fish house rd?

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Go to the end of Fishouse and take a left. Follow to Broadalbin launch site. I think it's about 5 miles. Look for brown State Launch sign on the right. Anyone else out there to confirm the distance????
      Kim     :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2008, 07:03 AM »
fished mayfield area on dec. 30 caught one keeper eye and 3 shorty's by 9a.m. Went home came back in the afternoon caught three keeper's, one about 20" lost two others at the hole. all the action 1/2 hr. before dusk. went back to the same spot yesterday afternoon fished until dark no flags. caught one short one while pulling tipup out great time on the ice though. can't wait to get out again

Offline pryz366

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2008, 12:13 PM »
at the end of fish house i go right. i cross edinberg bridge take a right by the store and we go out from the marina. they plow when there is snow and its off the street parking cant beat it. the only rule is stay out of the way of where the snowmobiles come in and out. thats what they say

Offline pryz366

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2008, 12:29 PM »
right i assumed people would i should have been more spacific. they are nice people.

Offline Oilcan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Thank you all, I may give it a try on Sunday. Maybe I;ll see you out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.