New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: I saw ice today!!!!!  (Read 3001 times)

Offline toothycritter00

• Team IceShanty Regular
I saw ice today!!!!!
« on: Nov 12, 2005, 04:52 PM »
I went to Round Lake this morning for some fall pike and I saw ICE! All the puddles and even some of the water around the brush was frozen. Its not much but it got the blood pumping. Water temp is about 45 degrees and dropping. Come on old man winter!

camo_fish

Re: I saw ice today!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Yeah, I was walleye fishing last night and my guides were icing up to the point it was a pain in the a........ and my Fireline was freezing up ;D  The good part was I caught 3 nice walleyes.  ;)
MMMMM, how about shipping a few fillets over to the house.  ;)

I went to Round Lake this morning for some fall pike and I saw ICE! All the puddles and even some of the water around the brush was frozen. Its not much but it got the blood pumping. Water temp is about 45 degrees and dropping. Come on old man winter!
So, did you find any toothies or bucket mouths on Round. at midnight last night it was 23 degrees out. wish the water was cold to hold ice, and the temps would stay below freezing. BBBRRRR, we need more.  ;D

Offline UPSTATE ICEMASTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Powers Of "FISH ATTRACTANT"
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2005, 09:28 PM »
 :tipup:  Hey slipbob i was out huntoing today over by the gill spot  ;) and the back bay had its first glazing on her  :roflmao: im pumped its just going to hit us one of these nights then we will be on top of those big gills  ;)  :tipup:
" JUST TRYIN TO GET HER DONE"

Offline walleye190

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • first laker
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2005, 08:39 AM »
the last few days my pool water has a skin of ice on it., next week maybe try the auger out,,,,wishfull thinking ;D

Offline toothycritter00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2005, 08:41 AM »
Hit a few big large mouths (3.5lb, 4lb) but they were VERY sluggish like reeling in a bullhead. No big toothys though.....I guess I just have to wait for the ice and try again.

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2005, 12:47 PM »
I saw ice this morning, on my way to go hunting. The pond across the road from my college had skim ice over the whole thing!  ;D Actually, every pond I saw did.  :P I was stoked, to say the least... ;)

-Zach

Offline akdg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2005, 02:37 PM »
Here is a pic from this morning not very far away from you Zach.  ;D It is on a shallow beaver pond that dosen't get much sun.  There was over an inch there.  My son really wanted me to take his picture on the ice and post it here. He's just a excited as the rest of us to get back out on the ice and catch some fish! ;D

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2005, 07:01 PM »
dedicated son :thumbsup: sweet pic :tipup:

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2005, 08:48 PM »
:tipup:  Hey slipbob i was out huntoing today over by the gill spot  ;) and the back bay had its first glazing on her  :roflmao: im pumped its just going to hit us one of these nights then we will be on top of those big gills  ;)  :tipup:

rustle up any game?

dwayne

« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2005, 08:01 AM »
Took a ride yesterday afternoon up to Warrensburg with the family and saw ice on several ponds which had little direct sun light.  Wth 2 deer tags now filled I start to get more of the itch to walk on the frozen stuff.  Hoping to see safe ice within a month or so in the southern adirondacks.

Offline walleye190

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • first laker
« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2005, 05:16 PM »
cool, won't be long now :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.