New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: skimmage  (Read 2809 times)

billybono

skimmage
« on: Nov 11, 2005, 09:53 PM »
while in williamstown today...the puddles were frozen at 7 am, then driving over them at 8...they they were still frozen....i think my xmas eve ice fishing trip is on :)

billybono

camo_fish

Re: skimmage
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2005, 10:56 PM »
yes that sounds great, it is 26'degrees out right now at midnight here in NY. If the temps stay low we will be on the hard water by the week of Christmas. I can't wait.  ;D

Offline adkman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2005, 06:17 AM »
It's 18f here in Tupper Lake and it looks like we will have plenty of ice for the Northern Challenge in February.  Starting to line up prizes already.

Offline fish4walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Shut up and fish
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2005, 07:38 AM »
Yeah had some skimmage on the shallow pond across the street from me this AM too,kinda took me by surprise.Made me think about this board,so thought I'd drop by,,
Wasn't sure if I was still registered,and here I am ;D

Offline tommyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Yeah, I was up at Happy Vally WMA near Parish, and some of the smaller (fishless) beaver ponds were completely frozen over.  The larger ponds there had some skim ice around the edges, too.  It won't last with the next couple day's weather, but at least the water temps are getting low enough so that it wont take much effort to make some serious ice.  FYI, those ponds didnt ice over at all until the first week of December last year, so hopefully first safe ice is a few weeks early too!

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Last night it was down to 12 F here near Saranac Lake!!!  ;D Only 3 degrees above the record low for that date.  :) Bring on the ice baby!! ;D

-Zach

camo_fish

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Last night it was down to 12 F here near Saranac Lake!!!  ;D Only 3 degrees above the record low for that date.  :) Bring on the ice baby!! ;D

-Zach
yes I saw that on the news last night, only 23 degree at the house. Then your hardwater walking, let us know, may have to make a road trip for some early ice.  ;D

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2005, 09:53 PM »
I'll definitely let you know when I'm walkin on (hard)water...Hopefully it won't be too long!  ;D There there are a lot of places to fish. Maybe we can have some sort of early season North Country get-together?

-Zach

billybono

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:08 PM »
well i hope the turn out is better than last years big bay get together :(

billybono

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:20 PM »
well i hope the turn out is better than last years big bay get together :(

billybono

Yeah, the turnout wasn't very good...and the weather was absolutely miserable...but I'd do it all again for another big walleye!  ;D And those amazing Big Bay Marina chicken wings!  ;D

-Zach

billybono

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:21 PM »
yeah the mount on that baby turned out awesome btw.....yeah that dude that owns the marina was trying to sell those wings hard, but we passed :)

billybono

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:23 PM »
yeah the mount on that baby turned out awesome btw.....yeah that dude that owns the marina was trying to sell those wings hard, but we passed :)

billybono

Yeah, I'm really pleased with the mount.  As for the wings...we didn't pass. I think we ate 2 dozen apiece!

-Zach

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.