Author Topic: YOAdrien Charters News  (Read 68303 times)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: YOAdrien Charters News
« Reply #150 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:30 PM »
took craig looking for rainbows again, his first trip we only got 2 and we were looking for a big boy. I am starting to think he is just bad luck...... we did ice 3 nice pickerel and 4 lakers, but no rainbow, oh well, thats fishing big bows, doesn't always turn out.
(Image removed from quote.)
PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #151 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:31 PM »
Took forest, wife bridget and brother reid out looking for watever today and we found it. It was a beautiful sunny day with no wind and crunchy walking, perfect really starting in the 20's and climbing slowly, a bit slushy by noon.
we started out looking for whites and lakers and we found a few but nothing in big numbers, then as things went slow they turned quickly as a school of bass moved in and we were slamming them, iced 19 on jigs real quick, it was fun, big fish too 2-3.5 pounds was the average fish. when the water warms this time of year the smallies really come alive. so in total we landed 6 lakers, 2 whites, 1 salmon, and 19 smallies today it was great 28 fish is a heck of a day on winni.

Forrest with a nice jig laker

Bridget with a nice trap laker

Trap and jig double

Bridget with a big bass on, women are so much better listeners than men, tell them how to read the fishfinder and what to do when they see a fish and they actually do it how you say and they slam the fish, men do what they want.

Forrest and Bridget with a jig double

Reid with a great smallie

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #152 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:32 PM »
hit the lake today with a crew from conn. mark wanted an ice fishing trip as his graduation present, so dad got him one. they also brought Guy along to join in the fun. We had quite a  windy day out and eventually had to just go in close to an island to escape the pounding for a bit, but the fish were biting in the wind so we stayed. The guys iced 10 lakers, 7 smallmouth bass, and 3 white perch. A few jigging, the rest on traps. bite was good until 9 then dead tilnoon then hot til 2. Smallies re so active now its crazy, and the lakers are starting to school up fr spring, lots of back to back lakers in same hole this time of year. you will watch 5 or 6 come to your jig on the fishfinder regularly now.

The ice hasnt changed much in the last 2 weeks but lots of reefs are now open water, stay away from shallow rocky spots, stick to deeper water, lots more ice.

Mark with a nice 23 incher.

heres the take going home, rest released.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #153 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:33 PM »
That concludes fishing in 2012

Following posts are for 2013

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #154 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:36 PM »
Slacker!!!!

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #155 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:39 PM »
Started off the season well with a nice day. We landed 9 lakers 6 whites and a few yellows. only 4 inches of ice we walked out, good thing 2 of the guys were sasquatches and could haul gear out.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #156 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:39 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the pics!

That concludes fishing in 2012

Following posts are for 2013

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #157 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:46 PM »
Fished with wes and grandaughter julia today. we fished with full length rod and reel combinations to igfa specifications. The igfa will not recognize fish caught on jigsticks or tip ups. the current small fry (under 10) record is 1 pound 1 ounce. Julia landed a 1 pound 4 ounce yellow and after certification of the submission package she will be the new all tackle world record holder. we also landed 3 lakers a couple more yellows and 10 white perch. we did catch a white that would have set the record for that species too but it was caught on a tip up so no good. This young lady probably holds more world records than anyone you know. she is a very accomplished young anger. It was a warm and fun day on the lake.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #158 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:53 PM »
Fished with a couple guys from manchvegas and nashua today. we set for lakers and grabbed 3 quickies and then dead til 10. i yanked the spread and moved and we had constant flags landing 3 more lakers 8 smallmouth and a jumbo whiteburger. Windy and cold but nice.

Offline stompa13i

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #159 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:26 PM »
Great pics, awesome to see your posts again. Congrats to the young lady and record catches...great to see kids out there fishing like that!!!
TP

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #160 on: Jan 23, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Fished with wes and grandaughter julia today. we fished with full length rod and reel combinations to igfa specifications. The igfa will not recognize fish caught on jigsticks or tip ups. the current small fry (under 10) record is 1 pound 1 ounce. Julia landed a 1 pound 4 ounce yellow and after certification of the submission package she will be the new all tackle world record holder. we also landed 3 lakers a couple more yellows and 10 white perch. we did catch a white that would have set the record for that species too but it was caught on a tip up so no good. This young lady probably holds more world records than anyone you know. she is a very accomplished young anger. It was a warm and fun day on the lake.

Great for her, & congrats to you for helping her set the record.  :clap:

Offline swampdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #161 on: Jan 24, 2013, 07:54 AM »
adrien,
us squatches had a great time out there last weekend!  thank you for all the work you put in and for putting us on fish before we even settled in.  smoked the laker like you said and fried the perch up for an awesome meal with the fam on sunday.  going to recommend your services to anyone who will listen!

Offline Rockfish Redneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #162 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:40 AM »
adrien, ditto on John's (Swampdog's) sentiments... i was one happy 'sasquatch' too.... sorry we make those fish looks so small !!!! best day of laker fishing for me, and not sure if I will see another WP that size again ... i have already passed your name and info along to many of my friends and coworkers!!! Thanks so much and looking forward to my next trip with you!

Offline Rockfish Redneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #163 on: Jan 25, 2013, 09:03 AM »
YOOOoooo..... Sorry these are late Adrien... was lazy about getting them on photobucket... just wanted to share pics of my nicest fish, i also included John's nice trout and Matt's 2.2WP... thanks again!

Offline sgthoskins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #164 on: Jan 25, 2013, 09:04 AM »
Those are great!
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

www.northeastshooters. com

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #165 on: Jan 26, 2013, 04:18 PM »
fished with some guys from conn. today they came last year and had a great time and made a return trip. we foumd a nice area with6 inches of good ice. bite was early and hen at 10:30 thats it. did ice 9 lakers of average size and a 17inch smallmouth.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #166 on: Jan 26, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Had a wedding party of about 38 today. fished right in front of church landing in 30-40 fow the fishing was good with about a dozen landed and a couple yellow perch. we did some jigging and only set 6 tip ups. We also did toboggan rides most of the day.

Offline FLAG UP!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #167 on: Jan 26, 2013, 04:58 PM »
fished with some guys from conn. today they came last year and had a great time and made a return trip. we foumd a nice area with6 inches of good ice. bite was early and hen at 10:30 thats it. did ice 9 lakers of average size and a 17inch smallmouth.

Thanks Adrien, Norm and I Had a terrific time. It was cold and windy but you still managed to find the fish! Anyone who has not been out with Adrien should give it a try.... It really is an awesome trip. :clap:

Yo Adrien, you forgot to mention my 32" fish "stick" that I caught....which also had a bonus Laker on the line. see photos below.

Fillet & Release!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #168 on: Jan 27, 2013, 08:36 AM »
Nice job. One of the best "stick" fish of the season so far.  ;)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #169 on: Jan 27, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Had a nice day today. puled the portable around and set every trap inside and pulled in every fish inside to kep the wind off the hands. That shappell fx200 is so nice with no poles to extend and the back of the cover screwed in place, it truly is flip and go, thats it, go buy 1 if you need a portable. Anyway i had 2 fathers and sons on a birthday trip. They pulled in about 10 lake trout, 1 smallmouth, 4 white perch and 2 salmon, the salmon bit as i was letting the bait down, i saw 1 grab the smelt 1 foot below the hole. The boys did a great job with the fish and kept a few to eat. It was nice to meet you all and hope to see you again soon.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #170 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:35 PM »
Fished with bob and al today, it was dense fog this am, it was odd. we got a few early, a few around 10 and a few around 1. Slower than usual but post front and 3 days past full moon we were lucky it was cloudy last night so we could get those first couple early, it could have been bad news and awful slow if it was clear last night. We iced 5 lakers and 3 smallmouth all on tipups with smelt in 24-65 feet, no real good depth just a mix but we tried a lot of depths and tops and bottoms of humps, just a bit slow. All fish released today. 

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #171 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:11 PM »
Way to make the most of what could have been a slow day, Adrien.  :thumbsup:

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #172 on: Jan 30, 2013, 04:20 PM »
fished with dan and mike today, it was so icy this morning driving it was unreal, roads were more slippery than the lake. long drive in.

hit the ice about 630 set a trap, and it pops in my face, pull in a fat whitey, set it back and 1 has it before i set itin the hole, so i grab 2 rods and the guys throw them down with small jigs and a live smelt on and the iced 12 beauties in a hurry, and then they were gone. we didnt get another white all day. we got a few yellows there jigging, 2 big enough to fillet. it was dense fog all day and we had a couple traps on each side of us and could barely see them. final tally for the day was 10 lake trout, 12 whites, 20+ yellows, a big 25in. pickerel in the weeds and a salmon in the weeds right in the pickerel hole??????????

Offline Hounded819

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #173 on: Feb 07, 2013, 11:09 AM »
Any updates??

Offline ajbait

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #174 on: Feb 15, 2013, 05:24 PM »

Watch YOAdrien Charters tonight on NH Chronicle!  He is one of our best customers!  A.J.'s Bait & Tackle

There is a local ice fisherman who prides himself on not only being able to catch fish, but on being able to give his customers memories that will last a lifetime. Heather Hamel ventured out on Lake Winnipesauke with Adrien Lavoie, owner of Yo Adrien! Charters, and found that whether you're new to fishing, or an old pro, Adrien's guidance can be just the ticket.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-chronicle/Friday-February-15th-Yo-Adrien-Ice-Fishing/-/13383450/18435420/-/vpvy5iz/-/index.html#ixzz2L0s8fNyK

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #175 on: Feb 21, 2013, 06:59 AM »
Got to spend the day out with YoAdrien Charters yesterday helping him out with some clients. All of these folks have been out with Adrien before, but with Steve needing a little extra help on the ice I was glad to join him and give him a hand.

We had an amazing day on the ice....1st trap in the water had its flag popless than a minute after the smelt got down...it was on after that. We were in a nice school of BIG whites...ended up with 6 over 2.5lbs, and a bunch more all good eating size. Ended the day with 6 dozen smelt GONE! Some lakers, a few bass, a bunch of white perch and some big slob yellows too....here are some pix and some happy people as well.

Just goes to show, wheel chair or not, you can get out and have a great day!!

We saw this ALL day long!!!

Steve with a nice smallie.

Al with a nice laker.

This was the white haul after only about 30 minutes on the ice.

Offline sorelippin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #176 on: Feb 21, 2013, 09:01 AM »
Nice job helping out, Scott.  Nice whites too  ;D

Offline ishoot308

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #177 on: Feb 21, 2013, 11:51 AM »
Sounds like you had a very rewarding day Scott!

Nice job!!

Dan

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #178 on: Feb 21, 2013, 12:32 PM »
Looks like you all had a great day. Nice job Adrien, Scott, Steve, and Al.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #179 on: Feb 21, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Looks like you all had a great day. Nice job Adrien, Scott, Steve, and Al.
Agreed! And thanks for the report, Scott.  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.