Author Topic: T-Connector/Adaptor for Sunflower heater  (Read 1405 times)

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
T-Connector/Adaptor for Sunflower heater
« on: Dec 13, 2009, 10:41 AM »
I now have 2 single Sunflower style tanktop heaters for the hardwater season.With the -30 temps and a large popup tent i want to be toasty warm fishing later this week.Hauling 2 tanks out,1 for each heater is not doable with my small vehicle.Is there an adaptor connector available  to screw into the 10# tank and then connect the heaters?

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: T-Connector/Adaptor for Sunflower heater
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2009, 11:13 AM »
I bought one at a propane dealer and I think it is called a Power Post. You can attach two sunflower heaters and put a propane lantern on the top of the post. I bought this quite a few years ago and I think that recently I saw one just for two heaters. A propane dealer could make something for you also.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Figured that my local propane shop will have them tomorrow when i visit.Problem is that their website doesn't show them and because it's Sunday they are closed today.Thanks for the heads up though ;)

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2009, 08:26 AM »
I have one.  Got it years ago from a small hardware store.  I changed some of the fittings on it so I can run my Mr. Heater/cooker, and Lantern from one tank.  It works well.  When I had my hard side the tank sat inside with the sunflower rotated down near the floor.  It kept the floor area warmer and dry.  Then I ran a rubber line from the T and up to my lantern. 

Offline DEADONDYLAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2009, 07:22 PM »
I bought a Y connector that hooks propane tank to the hoses Y was around ten bucks hoses are in the same ballpark

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.