Author Topic: Cabela's Deluxe Ice Fishing Tent Kit  (Read 5284 times)

Offline auger7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who wait...
Cabela's Deluxe Ice Fishing Tent Kit
« on: Feb 23, 2003, 08:02 AM »
Anyone have this ice fishing kit. It is on clearance now for only 80 bucks and I am wondering if it is worth buying.

kpage

Re: Cabela's Deluxe Ice Fishing Tent Kit
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2003, 08:08 AM »
all kinds of post on this shanty from a week ago or so...will be helpful to you.....buy the shanty....great price great shanty

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2003, 08:48 AM »
my buddy has one there well worth the 80 bucks.All you have to be is hand with some tools to put the floor in and customize the way you like it.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2003, 02:18 PM »
Great Shanty, get it!!  Just remember to secure it to the ice when the wind is  blowing.  I almost lost mine once!!!!!   ;D
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
Re:Cabela's Deluxe Ice Fishing Tent Kit
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2003, 08:10 PM »
i posted this in the other thread .I've had this shanty for three years . Just went out and measured the middle board that the hinges attach to .
It is 4 " wide . If i were building mine again i would make sure i painted it before i assembled it. I've had no problems with my window's cracking . Instead of just cutting four holes in the floor i cut every corner in an oblong shape .
That way when i get three people in it we can all fish comfortably. the holes measure 27" x 8" .   it also lightened it up considerably. i used 1/2 " plywood for the floor , and
2" x 2" s for the edges . i have never had any problem with it blowing away . but it did take a beating last winter in a nasty wind storm because i left it on the lake and went home . now i at least colapse it before leaving. if
it freezes to the ice . i just take my spud bar and pop it loose. i built a sled out of cross country skiis that works very well . if i could figure out how to post pictures on here i would gladly share them . i also drilled two holes
just inside one of the doors and attach a rope to it for
easy pulling across the lake when there's not much snow on it. on windy days when i'm pulling it i just leave the doors open and the wind blows right thru it. ok i'll
quit blabbing now ......have a good one.

Offline whitebassbenny

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fishing rules, let there be ice !!!!
Re:Cabela's Deluxe Ice Fishing Tent Kit
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2003, 02:55 PM »
i am thinking if getting one for 119.99 plus shipping would u recamend getting it if u go ice fishing by your self most of the time?          

what are the hinges for ?

what size holes would u recamend putting in it for an 8inch aunger?

and how heavey is it ?

thanks much Ben

Offline Popsx3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2021, 09:27 PM »
I realize this thread is very old, but I’ve acquired a new in box tent kit. One hitch, there are no directions . Is there any chance someone on this thread has the directions still? Or could take some pictures so I can come up with an idea of what I’m doing. Thanks for looking!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.