The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The Season is upon us...  (Read 633 times)

Offline spb802

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it's cold I'm on the hard water...
The Season is upon us...
« on: Dec 19, 2019, 08:32 AM »
Hey everyone,

Looking forward to another hard water season, the next couple days looks like we’ll be making some good ice. Have the day to drive around and check bodies of water, guess it’s time to put on the float suit and grab a spud bar. I’ll post my findings later, good luck all and be safe!
My passion for fishing and hunting, I owe to my Father and Uncle Art. RIP Art Rye, I will cherish all the days on the hard water we spent together and all the days in the woods. Miss you...

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The Season is upon us...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2019, 01:07 PM »
ill give it a couple more weeks.

Offline SIZMATRS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2019, 05:58 PM »
How did recon go?

Offline spb802

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it's cold I'm on the hard water...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2019, 06:12 PM »
A couple good cold nights and we’ll be in business, me and the ol spud bar checked sandbar; approx an inch or so just off shore. Abanaki/gut was froze over but a good sold hit with the spud and it would go right through. Carry was the better ice with a couple inches right in the corner by 🦅 land. Dillinbeck was froze over also about the same as the gut approximately an inch.... so let’s hope for some cold weather and no snow get this ice season going.

Definitely be careful out there alway bring a spud in the early season. Better safe than sorry....Tight lines!
My passion for fishing and hunting, I owe to my Father and Uncle Art. RIP Art Rye, I will cherish all the days on the hard water we spent together and all the days in the woods. Miss you...

Offline SIZMATRS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2019, 06:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! I’m gonna get out this weekend and do some searching as well. Small lakes and ponds should be fishable and the big lakes probably need a couple more weeks. Will post findings 👍

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2019, 07:14 PM »
Carry was fishable last week. There were people out there.
Haven't seen anyone this week.
Its getting close.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.