Author Topic: waders fishing  (Read 760 times)

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
waders fishing
« on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:39 PM »
im one who wears the waders fishing cuz their so warm but is that a terrible idea, cuz if i go threw im an anchor
Another crappie.........yay!

chimo

Re: waders fishing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:49 PM »
I think the waders would be harder to get out of the water with because they will hold water like a bucket but they shouldn't drag you down or anything.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the neopreme actually helps you float some.  Warm, water proof, windproof, seems like they have alot going for them.  good fishin

chimo

Offline dukhnter8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Make sure to wear a wading belt. It will keep alot of the water out.  Waders will actually trap air and help you float. If they are neoprene they will help you float even more. They do not make you sink like an anchor like some think, if you have a belt they trap air. The biggest problem is when people don't have a wading belt and the waders fill with water, then they are heavy as he77 and trying to move around is a pain.

I have fallen in open water while wading on purpose and not on purpose and not had too much problems getting out.

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:24 PM »
If the waders are full of air and Your upper body is heavier than the lower 1/2 would that make You float feet up.  :roflmao:

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:24 PM »
If the waders are full of air and Your upper body is heavier than the lower 1/2 would that make You float feet up.  :roflmao:

Actually, fat floats.
Trust me ... I know!  :unsure:

NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:32 PM »
If you wear your waders fishing, and do any amount of moving around you are going to sweat like a pig...been there done that...last ice sometimes we need waders to get on, once we are on good ice, the best thing to do is take them off...just a little bit of moving around, drilling holes etc, makes you sweat like all hell...
It's all about Karma.....

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:37 PM »
I do when im fishing a real shallow river bayou so if i go in i can still get my tip up out there

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:41 PM »
If you wear your waders fishing, and do any amount of moving around you are going to sweat like a pig...been there done that...last ice sometimes we need waders to get on, once we are on good ice, the best thing to do is take them off...just a little bit of moving around, drilling holes etc, makes you sweat like all hell...

o yeah it is really hot but the nice thing is when all my friends are complaining bout their feet being wet im dry as can be...
Another crappie.........yay!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.