Author Topic: Down the hole it went  (Read 11549 times)

Offline Fishin is the Mission

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Down the hole it went
« Reply #60 on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:48 AM »
Small MagLite...still on.  Keys, hook remover, depth finders.  The worst, I had a styrofoam bucket 1/2 full of water with my minnows in it.  I was baiting up a tip-up and a wind gust tipped the bucket over right into the hole.  I ended up with two minnows left in the bucket.  Made for a short day on the ice.
Thanks, Dad, for taking the time to show me how to fish!!

Chuck

Offline Icepuppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 13, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Last year, broke through the ice is 100FOW.  Dropped a brand new expensive combo, a cheaper one, minnow pail with aerator (running), not sure what else.  Didn't care too much after getting out.   ;D

Offline purduebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 13, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Dropped depth finders, baits, cell phone, and yes a digital camera that I knocked of a bucket.  Oh well, I guess we all have lost something down the hole.  My biggest fear would be dropping my keys down the hole.  At least I haven't done that yet.
BOILER UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:44 AM »
One time out last year the wife yells flag starts running towards it then turn around say's flags down what ya mean they don't go back down. Well I use them polar tip-ups and a ten inch auger. doesn't leave a lot of ice for them to rest on the fish got the tip up bouncing it must have sliped to one side and right down the hole it went. Sad thing is it happened again later that year guess my hole are a little big for them tip ups.  Wonder how long that fish dragged it around.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:07 AM »
The first trip out with my new jiffy 9" lazer, I drilled about a dozen holes. The last one I punched through the foot of ice and pulled up, only to find that the entire auger all the way up to the engine had fallen off, right down to the bottom about 12-15 feet down. $400 down the hole. I went to the store and found a one hundred pound magnet, like a donut type thing. I tied a piece of rope to it and lowered it down. "CLANK" luckily I managed to get it out. Boy o boy was I happy.

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
« Reply #65 on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:19 AM »
Ask wax-worm what he has lost down his icehole!!! :laugh: :o :tipup:

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #66 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:23 AM »
I cleaned a rainbow trout I had just caught, I gripped it by the jaw and dipped it in the icehole to rinse off the blood when I pulled my hand up out of the water the fish was gone.  Fingers were too cold and didn't feel it slip through!

Offline toboso

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Dec 16, 2007, 01:47 AM »
The business end of the hand auger--the day before I purchased a magnet.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #68 on: Dec 16, 2007, 04:22 AM »
Lots of stuff, poles , fish, jigs, my minnow trap once. dippers, chippers, kids occasionally, A three wheeler one time, ( we got it back out rather easily though ). 
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #69 on: Dec 16, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I have lost the usual pole, jigs and the like. But the very worse was a Kabar trapper pocket knife. Hands were cold and was using it to cut braided line on tip up and dropped it. All the space on that ice and it landed right dead center of the hole. Felt bad for along time. Never have found another older kabar like that one. Lost a Buck trapper this fall at Squaw Lake. No more trappers for me. Lost a radio last summer from the boat. Got wrapped up in anchor line and over she went  still playing. We actually caught a few fish in the same area immediately after it went down. Wonder if the sound attracted fish???

Offline GRIZZZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Dec 16, 2007, 09:25 AM »
One spud.... A friend let one of mine slip threw his fingers  :'(

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #71 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:21 PM »
Lets see pliers ,knife ,rod ,my lunch and o ya the best  a pint of bailey's  :'(
hook and cook

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.